• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Has anyone tried both the Steinheil Crystal Clear and the Verizon screen protector???

serpentine009

Android Enthusiast
Apr 9, 2010
It seems to me after having used the verizon protector since buying the phone new, that the protector itself seems to promote smudge, fingerprints and face goop more than the actual naked glass itself. This is just a theory, but I tried the phone for a while without the protector tonight because I took it off to install the Steinheil AF.

Then I read some posts saying that the crystal clear reduced fingerprinting slightly over the naked glass.

The reason I am asking if anyone has tried both, is because I am trying to confirm my hypothesis. If the current Verizon screen protector actually promotes fingerprints and smudging over the naked glass, and the Steinheil Crystal Clear reduces fingerprints (even if only marginally) over the naked glass, then I might be happier with the Crystal Clear over the Anti-Fingerprint.

I installed it tonight and there is some clarity loss as mentioned in other threads, so I am trying to decide if I should go with the crystal clear instead.

Hope that made sense.

So can anyone comment on both?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones