• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone tried either of these cases?

I'm just about ready to make the jump to the DInc2 from my Eris ('ole girl is still running strong almost 2 years in, though) and I've been looking into different cases that are available.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried out this Verizon case (shown in their case + car charger combo).
Set Your Location (<-- I don't know why the link looks like this, but it works)

I have essentially the same version of this case for my Eris (different texture, however) and I really like it. The added kickstand seems to be a welcome feature as well.

I'm weighing out between this and Seidio's Active case w/ holster.
seidioonline.com

Although this case looks really nice, because of how I wear my phone, I am not a fan of the "top-hinged" holster, and prefer the Verizon "slide in from top" style holster.

Any 1st hand opinions either way?

I definitely would NOT recommend the one that comes in the bundle! I had it on my phone for two weeks when I dropped the phone and it happened to hit right on the bottom corner which isn't fully protected. Did lots of damage to the 'housing' at the bottom of the phone! Please buy one that completely covers all edges around the phone.

Upvote 0
Reactions: amarryat
Upvote 0
I actually like the 2-piece verizon case, with the holster. I had the same one for my Eris, too. For me, it just works well, because I always use the holster, and I can slip the phone in/out easily. I've been lucky because I've not had a problem with the case not holding up to minor trauma.

OTOH, for all the great reviews that they get, I'll never use an Otter again. They're huge, bulky, have no holster, and the screen protector gets pretty grody after a while.

Upvote 0
I got the Seidio Active case (without holster) in blue from Ebay. I think it works great, like the feel. It can be a lint magnent if you're wearing light colored pants or a light colored shirt pocket.

I had the Verizon case initially that came with the back protector, and the front was a holster. Well I dropped it, and of course and landed on the top where the power button is scratching the phone. It's an okay case, if you just want to protect the back battery cover...

Upvote 0
I have the Seidio innocase for my Eris, and I must say it is very well built and feels great in the hand. The felt lining in both the case and holster is a nice touch as well. I'm sure their active case for the Inc2 will be quality.

As stated above, I'm really not a fan of the top-hinging holster design so I went to the verizon case and never looked back. The fact that the top and bottom of the phone weren't protected never really bothered me because I've never dropped the phone. *knocks on wood*

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
dont do verizons, its a waste. the case your looking at looks really good but i prefer tpu cases
Login : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA
the only drawback i find with tpu is no kick stand but its thin enough that it still fits in my pocket and belt holder thing

I just received mine, and ordered it based on this recommendation. It seems very nice, but I find that it is almost impossible to adjust the volume through the case.

Upvote 0
I've only ever had all black cases for my phones. The white/gray case here really has my attention, however.

Incipio HTC Incredible 2 SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, HTC Incredible 2 Soft Shell Case, HTC Incredible 2 Hard Shell Case, HTC Incredible 2 Carrying Cases, HTC Incredible 2 Premium Cases

...Maybe it's because it kinda reminds me of a storm trooper?...

I wonder how long it'd take before the white starts to discolor from coming into all of the crap that you never see on a black case.

Upvote 0
I've only ever had all black cases for my phones. The white/gray case here really has my attention, however.

Incipio HTC Incredible 2 SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, HTC Incredible 2 Soft Shell Case, HTC Incredible 2 Hard Shell Case, HTC Incredible 2 Carrying Cases, HTC Incredible 2 Premium Cases

...Maybe it's because it kinda reminds me of a storm trooper?...

I wonder how long it'd take before the white starts to discolor from coming into all of the crap that you never see on a black case.
^I've had my eye on this case for a while now as well. It looks really nice. Was also worried about the white part. I had a white/blue case before, and the white part started turning yellow/dirty from everyday activities & touching the case/phone.

Upvote 0
I just received mine, and ordered it based on this recommendation. It seems very nice, but I find that it is almost impossible to adjust the volume through the case.

After some use it will become easier to adjust volume. I actually like it that way as it keeps me from accidentally changing the volume. Just do a long press on the buttons and it works better. I just got another tpu case in pink and i am having to work out the volume again. The pink case is really pretty on the phone.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones