1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Has anyone tried switching roms yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NerdasaurusRex, Oct 1, 2012.

1. NerdasaurusRex

NerdasaurusRex Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Stockton, CA
    I was preparing to do so, but then I was told by a few friends that messing with it through rom manager would just completely screw up my phone so I backed out, I think for now I'll just sit back and wait for someone else to do it and hopefully someone here has tried it and was successful.

Advertisement

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    I've moved this to all things root:)

NerdasaurusRex likes this.
  3. NerdasaurusRex

NerdasaurusRex Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Stockton, CA
    Thanks mate.

4. joshua8790

joshua8790 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Monterrey Bay Area, CA
    Nope. Only thing I did try however was to try and flash Beats audio. If you want to experiment with other roms, you could try pulling a copy of /system and having it ready to push back to phone in case of any problems.

I might consider experimenting with this now that i grabbed myself a copy of the whole phone down to root.

5. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    New Hampshire
    We're having the same issue with the hydro I've been clearing out a bunch of bloat and useless stuff. kernel tweaking and memory tweaking found on the hydro anyway that we could remove all google apps, launcher, stock browser, Mobile ID, Ecomode[if you have ecomode. Only suggestion is kill the process "com.Kyocera.ecomode" before uninstalling the app or u get a recurring error popup until u reboot. Also Link2sd works for the hydro with a fat32 partition. Hope this helps any one.

Tags: