• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Has anyone tried the Amzer Battery Backup Solar Charger?

I would think if you are an outdoors man of any kind that spends days in the woods a solar could be quite the life saver next to well... other survival skills. I know I have seen a couple solar chargers reviewed by cnet. some are built into backpacks and some fold out all neat. Maybe just go to there site and search solar chargers for what they have reviewed.

Crank charger would be better for some one out in the county. But something tells me that someone who could have a use for these items is not going to be playing around on their Dinc in the woods. A back up battery makes more sense.

Upvote 0
Did anyone get anyone and test one of these?

The way it works is that it charges an internal 3500 mah the battery which then charges your cellphone so I don't think it can damage your cellphone

I want one for use in camping or elsewhere when I am away from the grid and away from a charged laptop. I am in New England where the sun is not as strong as in Southern states.

In the Northern US can the internal battery be charged to approximately 100% by solar? How long does it take to charge to this level? Or can it only be charged to four bars by using the built in USB charging port?

There are 4 customer reviews for this on Amazon and the rating is 3 out of 5 stars - not very good. One says 12 hours of Florida sun did not charge it past 2 out of 4 bars.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones