• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone used Amazon Wirless to purchase a smartphone

DoctorZaius68

Sep 19, 2010
New Jersey
Now that Verizon has announced that they will be moving to tiered data plans this summer and I am out of contract, I am now looking to purchace a new android smartphone. I am considering buying a Thunderbolt from amazon at $199 vs. Verizon's $250.

My biggest concern is how I would handle a warrenty issue. Do I deal with Verizon for warrenty issues or Amazon? Can I still take my phone into a Verizon corporate store for warrenty issues?

Please let em know your experience.

DZ

Now that Verizon has announced that they will be moving to tiered data plans this summer and I am out of contract, I am now looking to purchace a new android smartphone. I am considering buying a Thunderbolt from amazon at $199 vs. Verizon's $250.

My biggest concern is how I would handle a warrenty issue. Do I deal with Verizon for warrenty issues or Amazon? Can I still take my phone into a Verizon corporate store for warrenty issues?

Please let em know your experience.

DZ

I am sorry I haven't been in the ally forum in a couple days.... I have purchased phones from amazon.. IMO it was the best experience I have had. I purchased a mytouch slide from there and had major issues so I talked to TMO and they said for the first 30 days I have to go through amazon which isn't a big deal ( they are nice and are based in the USA) after 30 days you go through verizon or the phone company you have. Trust me you will enjoy your experience.

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0
Amazon seriously is pleasant to talk to. I ordered a necklace for my gf at the time for xmas and when i got it i took it out of the envelope. it was shoved in a velvet bag but the chain wasnt kept neat/taped like it should of been so i called and explained to the guy. and he issued be a refund right there on the spot without waiting for me to ship it back. sent me the label in an email, and then for my troubles issued me a $10 store credit. best experience with customer service. ever. and i havent had to complain about packaging since.

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones