• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

has anyone used btunes?

falkner09

Oct 5, 2010
I just have 2 questions. First, can it be stopped from going into landscape display mode from within the app (ie without disabling the phone from doing so in ALL apps) ans is there an option to search songs without hitting the phone's hardware search button, as my phone doesn't have one.

I've tried all the other player apps but they all have issues I don't like, so I'd appreciate if someone could answer this for me. I can't do the download, trial, refund method either, I attempted a download once and it failed so I refunded before being able to try the app, to avoid being screwed.

The developer gave up on that app a long time ago and I don't think it's worth even trying out.

I would've agreed with you except that he ran out an update just this past week. For the previous 7-8 mos you were absolutely correct. He may be back though. I hope he is. If you're looking for a bare bones media player with a simple interface, bTunes is the best.

The update he ran out fixed a lot of the issues I was having with the player under Froyo. It still has some issues with it though.

Reactions: Mostly Harmless
Upvote 0
I would've agreed with you except that he ran out an update just this past week. For the previous 7-8 mos you were absolutely correct. He may be back though. I hope he is. If you're looking for a bare bones media player with a simple interface, bTunes is the best.

The update he ran out fixed a lot of the issues I was having with the player under Froyo. It still has some issues with it though.

Wow, didn't know this, thanks. If this is the case then I can start recommending btunes again, it was a really nice player.

Upvote 0
Wow, didn't know this, thanks. If this is the case then I can start recommending btunes again, it was a really nice player.

I'm waiting for him to fix the bug with the lockscreen widget. I have my system time in the 24 hour clock. The lockscreen always shows it as a 12 hour clock. It also doesn't share the audio process with other apps at all. No clue why, but it doesn't pause when another player starts playing. It's not perfect, but before the update, it wouldn't see any of my music and would FC all the time. So it definitely has improved.

Upvote 0
The main issue it has is that it isn't close to being the best player on the market at this point. PowerAmp kicks it's ass six ways to Sunday. BTunes has gone from a player that didn't work and was extremely buggy to one that works and may or may not have continuing developer support. That's the main reason why I wouldn't tell anyone to go buy it right now. I have no idea if the dev will continue to support it.

Upvote 0
Ok, but what about my first 2 questions, I'm wondering if it has: 1) the ability to disable auto landscape mode, and 2) the ability to search through songs without needing a hardware search button.

The main issue it has is that it isn't close to being the best player on the market at this point. PowerAmp kicks it's ass six ways to Sunday. BTunes has gone from a player that didn't work and was extremely buggy to one that works and may or may not have continuing developer support. That's the main reason why I wouldn't tell anyone to go buy it right now. I have no idea if the dev will continue to support it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones