• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has anyone used Google Chrome?

I can't type numbers or symbols on the keyboard while using chrome. I like Chrome but it takes 50 MBs of memory and I like using the defalt browser.
Sorry my spelling.

I also use chrome and completely agree with apgrenus. It is a memory and battery hog! however i learned a trick..even tho its annoying if you hold down the fn key as you press the numbers and symbols. it works for me. I tried opera mini. and also tinkered with dolphin and firefox. I always come back to chrome because it does run so smoothly. It easily handles multiple tabs open..and very quick loading when im in a bad signal spot. I will look into dolphin beta as suggested above :)

Upvote 0
But chrome doesn't support flash player. I think dolphin browser/ beta is king at the moment for the Rize

This is what I use, because of flash player support, and cache to SD. I tried the beta version, but that was too bloated and slow for me. The regular one has just been updated. I also use Opera Mini, particularly when I'm surfing on 3G.

I used Chrome for a few days after activating my Rise, but I actually found it to be much slower than Dolphin beta! I really wanted to like it, but it's too big IMO to be a functional browser. Not to mention, it lacks plugin support.

Upvote 0
i like dolphin, but i've forund my self using chrome beta https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&feature=md
the last couple of days, and i must say it has gotten better.

anybody try this in the address bar
chrome://chrome-urls/
i changed some settings under key
and noticed a great diff. in speed
u can also find browser history, and other settings & functions
i can't wait to see the next official update features

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones