1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has anyone used the MHL feature on the Spectrum yet???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickg2, Aug 14, 2012.

1. nickg2

nickg2 Newbie

mini USB-to-HDMI cable to your TV:

MHL Consortium

if anyone has had success with this please post what you've been able to do with it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lightswarm

Lightswarm Well-Known Member

If you're asking if this works, then yes with my experience. It just projects your screen to another monitor, so I wasn't limited to anything. Works great when I want to watch a movie or if I'm web browsing and aren't satisfied with this beautiful screen.

Any specific questions?

3. nickg2

nickg2 Newbie

i just read an article about MHL and didn't know the Spectrum had that ability. so i was curious if anyone used the feature. when you connect it to the TV do you have to set the TV to a specific channel (3 or 4) or use an AUX input channel to access your phone's screen?

4. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

I tried it on BO and couldn't get it to work =/

5. Dark One

Dark One Android Expert

Does it matter which cable you use? Some of them specify use for one phone. Are they all the same as long as it's micro USB to HDMI?

6. Neph81

Neph81 Android Expert

I used the HTC micro-usb to HDMI connector and it worked, but it would not sync with my TV. The refresh rate was not compatible. Other then that, it works fine. My monitor has not issues with it.

Dark One likes this.
  7. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

Maybe thats the problem i'm having with my tv. The refresh rate might not be compatible.

8. Neph81

Neph81 Android Expert

You'll notice right away. For me, on my TV I saw part of a picture and the TV showed it was getting a source input, but it reminded me a lot of the old days of watching scrambled cable TV channels.

9. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Android Expert

lol neph. You made me think of back when I was a teenager and would be over my grandmothers house. She had a black and white tv and it almost elminated the scramble lines so I actually watched those channels :p And being young I was also able to block out the noise and listen through it so I could hear what was being said =]

10. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member

11. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

just a thought, what is the HZ rating for your TV?

my guess is the spectrum will only output to a 60HZ TV if this is the problem (most common in use still, although I doubt that will be the case by the end of this year or next... TV's are so cheap right now, there is almost no reason for anyone to not have a newer flat screen if they can afford to buy a smartphone... TigerDirect has been selling 40" TV's for $199-$299)

12. beddybeezy

beddybeezy Member

When im over my girlfriends house i lose my service when i connect my mhl adapter, has anyone found a workaround for this? Also i wonder if on the kernel that will be included with cm10.2 if it will work, or would it have worked with the 3.4 kernel(no longer being used)

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews