1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has Anyone Who Ordered A Case Received Their Tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RichSz, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

That is if you ordered straight from Google. If you ordered from another source, that's a whole other ballgame.

One theory as to why some people haven't received their N7s yet is because they ordered a case which is back ordered.

I ordered a 16GB N7 with case on 6/27 and haven't heard anything beyond the initial confirmation in June.

What are other's experiences?

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I think it is more to do with the 16GB version. The Play store has it back to shipping in 2-3 weeks.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I haven't ordered a case yet, but I do like the one in the Play store. If one like it doesn't pop up soon (I really don't want a leather one), I'll probably order it. Really like the folio/smart case idea. Pretty jealous of the iPad one.

4. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

Perhaps it is the 16GB version which is the issue. I'm trying to eliminate a variable. Maybe it would be better to rename the thread "If You Haven't Received Your N7, What Did You Order?"

5. Unforgiven

Definately something to do with the 16. It now shows 3-4 weeks in the market for US customers but for UK customers still shows 1-2 weeks.

6. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

According to UPS, I should have a 16GB with case sitting at my shipping address as of this morning. I got the shipping email last night. Seems they stepped up the shipping to next day air. I was hoping to refuse the shipment but it looks like my mom just got herself a Nexus 7 instead.

(I ordered during the keynote.)

7. Grok451

Grok451 Lurker

Another data point: I ordered a 16GB version July 1 and it's supposed to arrive today. UPS tracking says it's out for delivery by end of today. (I'm in the U.S.)

8. Unforgiven

Congrats Grok451.:)

Did you order a case?

9. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

I ordered a 16 gig with a case on 6/27. Guess I will be lucky if I see it by the end of the month.

10. Grok451

Grok451 Lurker

Nope.

(It's 4:22 pm and I'm still waiting for UPS to navigate the 6 miles to my house. :))

11. Unforgiven

12. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter!

See, I ordered mine from Gamestop last Friday and it's supposed to be here by tomorrow

13. William T Riker

William T Riker Android Enthusiast

I read earlier guy over on XDA posted his tablet and case came from the play store today so they are going out

14. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

It's about effing time they decided to split orders. They appear to have taken their time figuring out they were in deep _____, but they got there so credit must be given.

These two sentences confused me but I think I figured it out:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, they are saying if you ordered a standalone N7-16 it will ship by the end of next week. But if you ordered a N7-16 with something else, they will split the order and ship the tablet this week.

15. TauxiC

TauxiC Member

That is the way I interpreted it. I suspect my N7 will be here before the end of the week, while my cover may not arrive until next week. Hopefully the opposite is not true!

16. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

My mom wanted it so I gave it to her along with the case. Unless she's doing something wrong or there is something hidden/unactivated as of yet, the cover that comes from the Play Store is not a "smart" cover. Just an FYI.

17. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member

I got an 8 and a 16 yesterday, ordered on the 27th. I couldn't order a case when I ordered mine as they were listed as "coming soon."