1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Has anything helped the reboot issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Aug 5, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I called VZW they said its a known issue, and its reportedly related to the battery. What i didnt mention is that im on the seido 1750 ...

they recommended i go to the store to test my battery.

Anyhow since im pretty sure that wont work and ill end up calling again and probably shooting for a replacement, i was wondering if anyone has tried anything that has succesfully stopped the rebooting?

I have 2 weeks left on the phone, i want to make sure this will not be an issue beyond my 30 days. I am not sure what to do, i dont like the X, this phone is perfect for me. If it works.

Advertisement

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    dont have this issue unless i was in a low signal area and have never heard of it being the battery... do you have bad service where you live?

3. derekmitchell

derekmitchell Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    TV Production
    AZ
    I had 3 reboots happen in one day. I was using my bluetooth speak phone deal. I didnt even know it disconnected the first two times. I was upset.

I email that night, got a call from tier one the next day. Told them my phone rebooted 3 times in a day. I was polite and respectful. Got to tier two, they overnighted a replacement.

4. rsarno

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I have no problem getting a replacement, im just not confident it will solve the problem.

many who received replacements had the same issue.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Male
    Self Employed IT Engineer
    U.S.A.
    Mine did this 2 times today as well and once yesterday. I noticed it several times when I was driving to a client's office that was about 55 miles away, Then I noticed something that EVERYTIME this happened to me WITHOUT EXCEPTION, I was using Google Navigator, using bluetooth and was actively on a phonecall. It's NEVER rebooted when those 3 things were not happening simultaneously.

As long as I'm NOT using navigator and on the phone using bluetooth AND on a call, it doesn't happen. I can reproduce this at will.

I can use bluetooth and talk as long as I desire with no issue. I can use Navigator to my hearts content with no issue. Through in a phonecall via bluetooth and after about 5-10 minutes... REBOOT.

6. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Male
    Self Employed IT Engineer
    U.S.A.
    I should also mention, this has happened to me about 10 times since I've had the DInc, and EVERYTIME it has happened when I've been using Google Navigator and on a phonecall via bluetooth.

I have used Navigator and bluetooth without reboot, but it's never rebooted without using navigator and bluetooth on a phonecall.

Been MY experience anyway.

7. rsarno

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    i dont use bluetooth, and havent touched navigation :(

8. rsarno

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    Has anyone received a replacement and waited a few weeks to test if the issue was truly gone?