1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has anything helped the reboot issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Aug 5, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

I called VZW they said its a known issue, and its reportedly related to the battery. What i didnt mention is that im on the seido 1750 ...

they recommended i go to the store to test my battery.

Anyhow since im pretty sure that wont work and ill end up calling again and probably shooting for a replacement, i was wondering if anyone has tried anything that has succesfully stopped the rebooting?

I have 2 weeks left on the phone, i want to make sure this will not be an issue beyond my 30 days. I am not sure what to do, i dont like the X, this phone is perfect for me. If it works.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Android Expert

dont have this issue unless i was in a low signal area and have never heard of it being the battery... do you have bad service where you live?

3. derekmitchell

derekmitchell Newbie

I had 3 reboots happen in one day. I was using my bluetooth speak phone deal. I didnt even know it disconnected the first two times. I was upset.

I email that night, got a call from tier one the next day. Told them my phone rebooted 3 times in a day. I was polite and respectful. Got to tier two, they overnighted a replacement.

4. rsarno

I have no problem getting a replacement, im just not confident it will solve the problem.

many who received replacements had the same issue.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

Mine did this 2 times today as well and once yesterday. I noticed it several times when I was driving to a client's office that was about 55 miles away, Then I noticed something that EVERYTIME this happened to me WITHOUT EXCEPTION, I was using Google Navigator, using bluetooth and was actively on a phonecall. It's NEVER rebooted when those 3 things were not happening simultaneously.

As long as I'm NOT using navigator and on the phone using bluetooth AND on a call, it doesn't happen. I can reproduce this at will.

I can use bluetooth and talk as long as I desire with no issue. I can use Navigator to my hearts content with no issue. Through in a phonecall via bluetooth and after about 5-10 minutes... REBOOT.

6. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

I should also mention, this has happened to me about 10 times since I've had the DInc, and EVERYTIME it has happened when I've been using Google Navigator and on a phonecall via bluetooth.

I have used Navigator and bluetooth without reboot, but it's never rebooted without using navigator and bluetooth on a phonecall.

Been MY experience anyway.

7. rsarno

i dont use bluetooth, and havent touched navigation :(

8. rsarno

Has anyone received a replacement and waited a few weeks to test if the issue was truly gone?

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews