• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has HTC Been Pulling a Switcheroo on Screens with Recent Units Due to Component Shortages?

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
If you are the owner of an HTC EVO 4G that came in a later shipment, you may be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the screen you were promised. The same may go for upcoming shipments of the HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Desire, according to sources at OLED [...]

More...

Upvote 0
Hmm I'm expecting my Incredible shortly does this mean that more than likely I will end up with a screen that is different than was advertised? This is Bogus IMO since Big Red is telling all in my area that the Incredible is available. I cry foul. A company should not false advertise then do a switch when parts are not available. On the other hand is there a comparison out there of these two screens out there somewhere??

Upvote 0
I saw this at engadget. Looks like it might be okay. Just as long as the performance is not affected. This would also explain why when I ordered, they told me it was a 3 week backlog, and "Big Red" told me specifically it was because of the screen. I still ordered the Incredible. It has been about a week and still no word yet when I might receive it. I did see though that S-LCD is a company collaboration between Sony and Samsung, with Samsung the majority owner. In other words, HTC isn't really pissed. Just trying to meet heavy demand!

Upvote 0
See, this is one of the reasons for the Inc and EVO delays, not being in stock, probably the main reason. Samsung basically gave HTC the finger with their own smartphones coming out.

If anything, they should teach HTC a lesson: have back up vendors already on hand.

Alot of us called it about a month ago when we found out that the Inc delays was Samsung screen parts being out of stock. Out of stock....I bet the Galaxy S and Pro wont see any delays....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones