1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Has the Extended Battery for this Phone Fallen Off the Planet??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nvitone23, Dec 30, 2011.

1. nvitone23

nvitone23 Well-Known Member

I ordered 2 while they were doing the half off deal, but had to place them under different orders for it to work under both. Received one and got an email for the other stating that it was out of stock and that I was refunded. I am more than happy with mine, but my brother is a little bummed out that he hasn't gotten his yet. Anyone know what the deal with this is??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

moving this to the Verizon section since neither the stock, nor extended battery fit the GSM version. you should get more responses here! :cool:

nvitone23 likes this.
  3. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Here is a thread about how you can still get one for half off:

Link

I got one today, but I had to call and ask the CSR to pull the battery from another region (North East) as I'm in the Western region and it shows as out of stock, others say it's in stock in the Southern region as well.

4. xliderider

I see you are in NJ, so it should show up for your region. Just call Customer Service, you should be routed automatically to a NE region customer service rep.

5. litrekid

litrekid Member

I just ordered one today. I'm in indiana

6. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

Someones also selling them on amazon, I just bought one

7. xliderider

But did you get it for less than $27 shipped?

8. CAMAN

CAMAN Member

Nope... $34.92 + $4.49 shipping

9. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

tons of people want the extra 10mins of battery life it affords.

10. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

Do you have an extended battery?

I get a few more hours out of mine vs the standard battery.:)

11. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

i did-before i returned it :D

the extended battery is only 7.4% larger than the standard one, so "a few more hours" of battery life is an impossibility. theoretically, it may give you up to an hour and 10mins max.

although, i could not discern any difference whatsoever. i now have the standard battery with the portable charger. works great. :D

12. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

I guess you had a lemon..:(

13. BzB

BzB Android Enthusiast

same here. used the standard battery for a week and then got the extended battery. getting maybe an extra 45 min 'screen on time' with the extended battery. the biggest improvement is with my standby time, with very light usage i'm sure i can get an extra 12+ hours on standby out of the extended battery vs the standard.

14. Crude

Crude Android Expert

7.4 percent maybe...but it's 13.5%. If you are getting 12 hours of battery life from your old one, my math indicates you'll get an extra hour and a half out of the extended battery. So, he's more right then you are.;)

tjh011 likes this.
  15. rhietpas

rhietpas Member

The extended battery also feels better in the hand. Just that lil bit of weight and size helps.

16. JL44516

JL44516 Member

thats what she said...

ps. i still cant find a store near me that has any, every time i call 611 i get a different banana who is not aware of the 50% off deal....

jsward12 likes this.
  17. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

There's one on amazon for $35...not 50% off but better than nothing.

18. Crude

Crude Android Expert

Been there done that, btw the offer is only good for one battery. I tried to buy one for me and my wife and got shot down on the second....so we figured out you can pay with two separate cards....lame.

19. Dex

Dex Android Enthusiast

You're doing the math wrong. And without multiple charge and discharge cycles under the same usage there would be little-to-no difference.

The extended battery provides more than just a few extra minutes. It can and does provide hours.

20. I called in today to get the battery after one local store didn't have any and another didn't have it for $25. I ended up calling CS and asking about it, the woman said she hadn't heard of it and asked over at sales and they claimed not to know about it either. She ended up just charging me the full $50 for the battery and crediting my account $25.

Although one thing that confused me after I thought about it was the fact that she says it rang up as $27. If she charged me for the full price of the battery shouldn't it have been $50 + tax, even though I'm getting the account credit.

21. litrekid

litrekid Member

When I ordered mine the rep said it didnt show the battery fro $25 until he actually rang it up. Once the purchase was finalized it showed a total of $26

22. Hmmmm maybe Santa left me a gift in the form of a $25 credit to my account...time to check and see :D

23. tzoller

tzoller Newbie

Actually I like the extra heft from the extended battery. Feels more secure in my hand.

24. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Me too.

25. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert

There are a ton on ebay.

Did a quick ebay search and found verizon ones for aprox. $35

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews