• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has The I Phone Bubble Burst

Come again?

I would say AT&T realigned there rates; in doing that, they actually make more money. I do not agree that it is positive for consumers in the long run.
i use about 100MB of data per month. i currently have one option on AT&T -- a $30/month unlimited plan. i can now switch to a $15/month plan and still meet my needs. 98% of users can drop to a $15 or $25 monthly plan instead of their current $30 plan per month. that's saving money for most iPhone users. that's also making it harder for me to justify an EVO . . . then again, i can't tether an iPhone to my Wifi iPad so i'll likely still switch to the EVO.

Upvote 0
i use about 100MB of data per month. i currently have one option on AT&T -- a $30/month unlimited plan. i can now switch to a $15/month plan and still meet my needs. 98% of users can drop to a $15 or $25 monthly plan instead of their current $30 plan per month. that's saving money for most iPhone users. that's also making it harder for me to justify an EVO . . . then again, i can't tether an iPhone to my Wifi iPad so i'll likely still switch to the EVO.

That makes sense. Your math makes a strong point.

But... will AT&T hold firm with this pricing? Now that the magical word (unlimited) is gone... plus, I figure data usage will begin to be a bigger part of the smartphone experience.

Upvote 0
I am an iPhone user who is in the middle of the whole Evo 4g vs iphone 4g conundrum. I really loved my 3gs but it is so locked down, and everyone knows the new iphone will probably still not do things that even an old 2.1 android firmware can do. This to be honest, pisses me off. But at the same time the iPhone is not easy to leave for some reason... I do not know why there is just something about it.

That said, I am on the fence. And I believe this speaks a lot for Android. I was one of the people saying I would never like an android phone. But now with the Evo, and the Incredible, I am starting to think it might be time to switch. But we will see what Monday brings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones