1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Has the update helped your battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seagraves, Dec 31, 2009.

1. seagraves

seagraves Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Ive only had my Eris for a few days now. I have learned most everything I needed so far from this site. I see people posting about the patch or update from Dec 11th. I am womdering if it already installed on my phone since I just got it or if I need to have it done. I have Verizon and recieved my phone dec 28th.
    My battery life sucks but I have turned off a few settings to optimize the battery life.

Advertisement

2. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Truck Driving Madman
    El Paso, TX
    If it's not on there you will get a pop-up saying an update is available. At least mine did when I got it last week.

To be honest I have not seen an improvement in battery life at all. It is as bad as the Droid was as well. I have my backlight set to 20%, my WiFi and BT off, my GPS off. Everything I can think of but I can't make it 8 hours on a charge.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

My battery has improved mainly because of the fix to the signal switching. The only time I struggle with battery life is if I'm in a place with a weak signal. It seems to kill my battery quickly.

4. BigDaddyFromCincinnati

BigDaddyFromCincinnati Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Cincinnati
    I did see a difference after the update.
    I must also be one of the few people on here that can get almost 2 days on one charge.
    That is also getting work email and gmail pushed to me all day, texting, and searching the web several times a day.
    Even if I use it "hard" I get a full day out of it.

5. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Truck Driving Madman
    El Paso, TX
    Dude--you copied my avatar. Not good. There can't be two of me--the world can't take that much evil...

6. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    You must get full bars almost all of the time. I lived in an area for about six months in which I stared at the tower when I looked out my window. Always full bars and ridiculously long battery life. That changed immediately when I got back to the world of lower signal strength that most of us live in.