• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has Verizon stepped up for you in regards to this launch fiasco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filinator13

Feb 21, 2011
Boston, MA
I know some people have had success complaining to BB about this launch. Anyone one have any success taking thier case to VZ?

I will most likely have to get this phone through VZ as I have been unable to preorder at BB and I am looking to do a one year contract anyway.

I am switching from TMO to VZ and most likely going to be added to my gf's account (not sure if we will do a family plan yet or not).

Any success stories out there? Money off your bill, etc?

They are not going to do anything because they haven't missed the release. They haven't announced a date so they are still on track.

While I am well aware of this...I coudl've sworn that reading through the hundred or so pages of threads in this forum, a few people took their case to VZ with postive results.

While they may have never announced a date, they do stand to lose potential customers and through association of their partner's actions (like BB) they still coming off looking bad to an extent.

Reactions: odiej34
Upvote 0
seriously these thread are getting old. like the person above me said, they have missed no release dates. anyone who thinks verizon owes them something is either ill informed or just a self entitled baby( preferably I would've used a stronger word, but I'd rather not get banned)

You have "insiders" like Ben5 and BMX indicating that this launch isn't going smoothly, regardless of a release date or not. And in general, with VZ, HTC, and BB not being on the same page and blaming each other, it is horrible customer service.

So maybe high up in the VZ chain of command, they haven't said a word, but employees in their retail stores and online chats are talking and creating even more confusion and chaos.

This isn't another thread about release date speculation and rumors. And if you don't have any pertinent information to add, then you are free to spend your time in another thread.

Also, I can assure you I am neither ill informed nor a self entitled baby.

MODS: I'm sorry when I did a search I didn't see a thread quite like this one, but maybe I missed something. Feel free to close, or move this thread if I made a mistake. Thanks.

Upvote 0
The never gave a release date is bull. Where did BB pull 2/14 from? Out the sky?

You have "insiders" like Ben5 and BMX indicating that this launch isn't going smoothly, regardless of a release date or not. And in general, with VZ, HTC, and BB not being on the same page and blaming each other, it is horrible customer service.

both of you can think what you like. Verizon has yet to give an official release date, so going off of anything anyone else says is a little silly.

don't bother replying to my post cause I will derail this silly thread any futher.

Reactions: JustinHEMI
Upvote 0
are you kidding? Verizon helping customers? haha good one!

I know, I know. That's why I figure if anyone has had success it could help others.

Or if they have tried to go to VZ with their "issues" over this phone, and haven't had any success, that could be helpful to know as well.

Either way, I clearly realize that going to VZ and complaining that you were supposed to release this phone on "X date" isn't going to work. I know they haven't given the public an official release date, so that angle really wouldn't work. But I was curious if anyone has tried anything else.

Upvote 0
Wooh, relax guys, no need to attack anyone here.
To answer his question, I have heard people on here talk about Verizon giving them a free month of service or a $50 credit to people who pre-ordered from bestbuy in order to get their business. I haven't complained to a verizon rep about the TB yet so I dont know the specifics, but if memory serves, this was all done over the phone.

Upvote 0
Also the dummy phones have 2/14 on them.. Coincidence? No. Also why did BB run ads for it for 3 weeks straight? They were told it would be out by now. It has been delayed. And hopefully will be out March 17th

Not only BB, Verizon ran ads on it for a long time as well. One of them even said febrero on it. I dont know how you can say verizon never said anything, but that is straight from the horses mouth (even if that horse is speaking spanish).

Reactions: EgoDogg
Upvote 0
Well back on topic. The only reason VZW is going to give me a free month of service is because I told them I was going to order from BB. I had to call 611 to get an early upgrade and that was their incentive to order from them.

And im not attacking anyone. Just stating my opinion

Hmmm.. so if I have a line due for upgrade in mid-June they would push it up and give me a free month? So I could potentially get two TBs from VZW? One for the returned phone I already have through BB and an early upgrade? (see above)

Upvote 0
Hmmm.. so if I have a line due for upgrade in mid-June they would push it up and give me a free month? So I could potentially get two TBs from VZW? The one I already have through BB returned and an early upgrade?

I was due March 5th so it has already passed anyway. But I have been with them for 9.5 years and have never asked for anything. You can try but dont expect anything (I didnt)

Upvote 0
Hmmm.. so if I have a line due for upgrade in mid-June they would push it up and give me a free month? So I could potentially get two TBs from VZW? The one I already have through BB returned and an early upgrade?

They typically will only move your date up if you are within a month. Although some people get lucky and get the rep. to move it a few months. Also, they don't typically give you a free month. You have to get the right rep. for that.

Upvote 0
They typically will only move your date up if you are within a month. Although some people get lucky and get the rep. to move it a few months. Also, they don't typically give you a free month. You have to get the right rep. for that.

Yea. I talked to a rep and she was great. took about 9 calls to get a good one. She said she would talk to her supervisor and call me back. She gives me follow ups every Thursday

Upvote 0

Oh I am pretty good at that game, the current iPhone which is about to hit the 30 day window was pushed up from June as well... did it back in February. do they really care where you do the transaction? I guess it avoids the contract commission to BB.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My favorite part of it was the first reply...I will paraphrase but they basically said that VZW employees received a pre-written email from Corp saying congrats on a successful Feb 28th launch of the TB. LMAO

How many replies were "What you talkin bout Willis?"

I thought that was funny too, but I wonder where the email actually came from. No way that was from corporate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones