• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has Your Droid Pulled Down the Upgrade to Android 2.2 Yet?

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
It’s August 18th, and that means – if the rumor was true – the rest of Verizon’s Motorola Droid customers should be seeing the upgrade to Android 2.2 today. Verizon did confirm that rollouts for the firmware upgrade would be resuming, but to be fair to them, they didn’t give a date to begin with: [...]

More...

Yea mine did yesterday. Its not activated anymore cuz I just got an X last month. Its nice to see it can still be sent to phones not activated.

I'm keeping my Droid cuz, well its a good phone. Will make a nice back up phone. Already came in handy when we lost power for a day and 1/2 and the Droid had a fresh battery and my X didnt.

I'll probably use it as a stand alone GPS unit. And its fun to still mess around with custom ROM and stuff on it. And cuz it has Froyo. I get to use some Froyo while I wait for it on the X.

Upvote 0
Mine updated a few hours ago (Chicago) but I have yet to get adobe flash player installed... adobe isnt redirecting as the page claims it's supposed to and no player app exists on the market yet.

otherwise 2.2 seems pretty swell, although my music playlists all cleared... not sure why. Right now as long as the flash player thing gets cleared up in the coming days ill be happy. Playlists can be remade. I've been craving flash for some time now and bragging about it to my iPhone friends.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones