1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hate the camera zoom etc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aaronmach2, May 18, 2022.

1. Aaronmach2

Aaronmach2 Lurker

The camera zoom on this phone is like backwards from every other phone i have had. And it doesnt let me just swipe up or down for zoom anywhere on the screen like all past phones. Also hate how i cant set it so i can tap anywhere to take a pic. Does anybody know if any of these issues can be changed?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Probably not.
    Your best option is install a different camera app from the play store

puppykickr, Duckster, ocnbrze and 2 others like this.
  3. Aaronmach2

Aaronmach2 Lurker

I guess i didnt realize that was an option lol. Wonder if i will lose any of the special functions like night mode etc. Thanks for the tip.

Duckster and Dannydet like this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

There's a lot of good camera apps to choose from. Most will have many more features than your stock camera app

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

What phone did you have before? I've never met "swipe up or down for zoom" - pinch to zoom is the usual gesture in my experience. And TBH I'd expect tapping the screen to change focus point.

Dannydet, puppykickr and Duckster like this.
  6. Aaronmach2

Aaronmach2 Lurker

Previous phones were all motorola androids.

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Ah, I've never owned a Moto Android, so this is probably a Moto-specific feature.

My alternative camera app (Open Camera) has a "touch to capture" option, though I don't use it: to me the natural use for touch is to select a focus point rather than take an image (though you can set it to require a double tap to take a picture, which does allow you to use a single tap to select focus point). It also has an on-screen zoom slider, but not an "anywhere on the screen" gesture. But you will find that any alternative app will probably lack some of the features of the built-in app too - I mainly use the default app, but like to have an alternative available (it's rare to find any one app that does everything better than another).

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra release date was 25 February. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 108MP camera, 8-16GB RAM, Exynos 2200 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

25 February
Release Date
Reviews