• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hauwei adaptive fast charger vs Tattu USB Wall charger. Will too many amps hurt my battery.

Diven

Lurker
Mar 16, 2018
I just bought a used Huawei mate 10. I need a car charger and possibly a home charger.

I have my mate 10 charger rated at 5v/2.0 a. I could stick with it but then I wouldn't get the adaptive fast charge.

Huawei does not list the specs on their site for the adaptive charger other than 5v/2.0 a,,, or faster,,,lol. But I've seen pics of the charger and it says also 9v/1.67 a. Assuming that it's not a fake.

Tattu has their I/C system. It charges at 5v/2.4 a per side. Would the 2.4 a be too much for my battery to handle.

Is Tattu's wall charger the same as Huawei's adaptive charging?

What is a faster charge. More amps or volts. I'm confused,,,lol.

Different fast charging methods use different voltage/current combinations, so there isn't a single answer to the "voltage or current" question. According to this XDA article the Huawei system uses lower voltages with higher current, and 5/2.4 would be outside spec. But that was written before the Mate 10 so I don't guarantee they haven't changed it.

If course if the system is designed properly the phone should control charging, in which case attaching a more powerful charger would do no harm but also bring no benefit. Would I trust Huawei and Tattu to work together like that is a different question - remember that the downside of playing safe with a charger is slower charging, while the downside of incompatibility can be a lithium fire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones