1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Have a replacement, not sure if I want to use it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by honda95freek, May 19, 2011.

1. honda95freek

honda95freek Newbie

So I'm in the rebooting boat. Did everything I could do but with no luck. Went to VZW and they sent me a "new" phone. Went to VZW Monday after a reboot. Now It's Thursday and my Tbolt hasn't rebooted since. I've got this replacement sitting here. Not sure if I should just stick with my original phone, seems ok, batt is good again, not reboots for 3.5 days. Or activate the replacement? I powered the replacement up and it does not have the update on it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

How funny that you posted this. I'm in the same situation holding onto a replacement phone. It was sent due to the system unavailable error with the software update. Before the replacement arrived, I was able to get update on 1x. Haven't had a single problem but I'm reluctant to send back the unused replacement phone just yet.

3. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

I was in the exact same situation. The phone they sent me was in great shape and had the old software which I never experienced any reboots with. What it also had was the most obscene amount of light leakage from the bottom that I've ever seen. I'm not that picky and my phone even has a little leakage but this was ridiculous. I sent it back and decided to stick with my current phone and the reboots.

4. honda95freek

honda95freek Newbie

I didn't get my Tbolt till they had been out a month. I don't have any issues with the power button or the volume buttons being recessed. The replacement one looks ok, but it just seems like a gamble. It came yesterday, and it has to be mailed back within 5 days. Still dont know what to do yet

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews