1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Have any Droid Incredible users updated to Handcent 3.7.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twiz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Twiz

Twiz Android Enthusiast

Please don't move this to the applications forum again. I only want to know if Incredible users have updated.

I have version 3.7.0 and it is working perfectly but the reminder to update is driving me crazy so I went to the Handcent forums and I see a lot of people complaining that the can't send pictures any more and that the phone doesn't go back to sleep mode after a popup message. There seems to be no reply from the programmers to any of the bug reports.

So my question is do any Droid Incredible owners use the new version 3.7.2 handcent and is it working well for you?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member

did the upgrade no issues here

Twiz likes this.
  3. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

Mine has been much slower. It could just be my phone. But I do not have many messages saved so I am not sure why.

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I upgrade and I've noticed a lot of typing lag. Wish I could downgrade

5. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

No issues here. Are you sure this isn't the infamous "I upgraded my wanger 1000 software and now my refrigerator doesn't get as cold any more" syndrome?

6. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Android Expert

yes same here man i restored an old version from my TB though

7. Twiz

Twiz Android Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll wait on upgrading after seeing your issues and the lack of support on the handcent forums.

8. sj24

sj24 Newbie

I must have missed an update, after reading this I looked to see what I was running and it was 3.7.1, then I checked and there was an update available to 3.7.3....looks like I missed the 3.7.2

9. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Android Expert

F.Y.I. I saw that a Nexus One user suggested you post in the Incredible section in your OP...Although it was not me that moved your original post, the most likely reason it was moved to the App section is that Handcent is not exclusive to the Incredible but to Android as a whole.

Often times when something that is not "phone centric" to a specific model, you get more and varied feedback from other phones and carriers which gives a better sampling of information.

Whenever a specific device is mentioned in a general forum, you will always get responses from people who focus on that and not that it is a general question, don't be discouraged by that!

Now to your question: I've always been a Chomp user but switched to Handcent about a month ago until this latest update when it stated acting up so I switch back to Chomp!

Overall it just seemed to become sluggish and choppy!

10. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

I have upgraded to 3.7.2.....

Only issues are:

1.) A little slower
    2.) Not able to send a photo directly from the app Photofunia. I use to be able to select share from Photofunia and then select Handcent. Phot would get downsized and then I could send. Now I get a message in Handcent that states it can not send the photo.

Lego

11. blkbeltkid17

I am on 3.7.2 with no problom here

12. icn4d

icn4d Newbie

I moved to GO....seems less buggy with same functionality. I have always had an awful time with handcent.

13. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

I recently switched to Go also. I didn't have problems with Handcent, I just like the Go UI better.

14. blkbeltkid17

how doses GO's ui compare to Handsent
    i may look into switching and see if it runes faster on my rom

15. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Like/dislike of a UI as far as how it looks is a fairly objective thing. That said, I prefer Go's look over Handcent (which I prefer over Chomp). I use the blue theme, very simple with nicely contrasting, but not obnoxious, colors for text.
    I'm not a power-texter, so I may not be the best one to ask about speed. But I've never had to wait for Go to catch up with me while using it - that's pretty much all I ask.
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but I use the Swype keyboard.

16. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I just d/l GO. I'm sick of handcent's lag so I'll try this out for a few days. Is there a way to get rid of the message counter next to your contacts? IE: John Doe (717) I'm sure it's possible I'm just not familiar with the settings yet

17. blkbeltkid17

blah its free and if it gets rid of the lag i am all for it

18. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

If there is I'm not seeing it.

19. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yea, I haven't found it either. I emailed the developer about it, I'm hoping it's possible. For some reason I hate it! For contacts that I talk to a lot, like my girl, the counter is over 2000 and it looks stupid. I also noticed there's no font packs available yet, and the ability to select your notification (tone or vibrate) when you're on a call is missing. I like it so far, but handcent defenitely has more custumization options. I hope with future releases this gets better.

20. blkbeltkid17

completely on point +1

21. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Android Enthusiast

Ok, what am i missing here? I am on 3.7.3. Isn't everyone else?

22. blkbeltkid17

were all moving over to go lol

23. bryn987

bryn987 Well-Known Member

been trying out Go the last few days and I like it except for the pop up window portion. One, it's too busy. Wish you could remove the delete, open and other buttons. Also, the popup window doesn't work 100% if my phone is asleep

24. blkbeltkid17

i havent had a problom with the pop up windows and i i wish you could change the face that it vibrates while in a call

25. Twiz

Twiz Android Enthusiast

I am still using 3.6.1 because its not laggy, no errors and it works well for me in general. I am really afraid to upgrade with all the complaints lately and no official posts on their own forums. I tried GO and Chomp and disliked both of them...

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews