1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Have any of you tried ZAGG

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xfighter1188, Sep 15, 2011.

1. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    So i was thinking about the zagg invisibleshield as a case for my droid 3. Has anyone tried it? Any opinions?

Advertisement

2. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    I don't use it as a "case," but I have the front shield over the screen on my new Droid 3. I had used it on my OG Droid 1 for nearly 2 years, as well, and it held up nicely.

I can't speak for the "total coverage," but as a screen protector, I love it. It is an acquired taste, though. If you don't like the feel of it, it'll drive you nuts and you'll never get used to it. As far as feel, it is somewhat soft and rubbery, and it has a definite "orange peel" finish to it. That puts some people off, though I don't mind it. Compared to the OG Droid, the new Droid 3 screen is cut just slightly small, so center it on your display and you'll have a very slight unprotected border all the way around, but at the very edges and not in the area of the display.

When you first install it on your screen, it will look HORRIBLE. It'll be hazy, bubbly and look poorly installed. By magic, over the course of a few days, all the bubbles, imperfections and haze will disappear, and it'll look like (orange peeled) glass. So don't stress out about removing all the bubbles on installation. They'll disappear. If you worry too much about bubbles immediately after installation, you'll risk scratching the protector, when all you need is to let them disappear naturally over the next few days.

I have good touch screen sensitivity with the Zagg protector installed. I have never had an issue with the screen being unresponsive to touch.

As far as using the "total protection" as a case, if it's the same material as the front screen protector, it won't protect against drops. Neall

3. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    I've been using Zagg shields for 5 years now. This is the first year and 1st device I'm not using Zagg, simply because I'm going to put the Gorilla Glass to the true life test.

i've used it on 4 phones, 2 mp3 players, one laptop, and 2 ereaders. Definitely top quality, and you get what you pay for. The hard part is getting it on the device of your choice. But once its on, its one until your device dies. You also get lifetime replacements, you just pay shipping if anything. They key there is you have to send back the film you aren't using anymore as proof.

4. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    wait so the stuff on the back is exactly like a screen protector?

5. IzelTokatl

None

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    No, actually that is cheap protective film that will fall off after about 2-3 weeks if not sooner.

6. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    wait so the stuff on the back is trash and i shouldnt get it?

7. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    I have the Zagg simple install full coverage for my D3. I love Zagg. Their customer service is top notch (valuable to me) and their return policy is great. I've had their screen protectors on both of my previous Dares, my DX, and now the full coverage on my 3. In hindsight, I wish I would have got the tougher install, full coverage but I can't complain. It really works, plus I feel it makes the phone more grippy when one handing it.

8. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    so do you think I should get it or not

9. IzelTokatl

None

Dec 11, 2009
    a lifehacker
    Southern California
    If you are referring to the Zagg stuffs, yes, go for it, you should not have issues, its the same materials all around. So its equal protection. If your referring to the plastic that came with the phone, thats just temporary.

10. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    oh sorry i was referring to the zagg stuff
    so 1 more question, err actually 2 more
    first if i get the maximum protection will the plastic fall off easier as they are smaller pieces.
    second will i still be able to remove the battery door after putting on the full protection?

11. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I've used Zagg on my OG Droid since day one and it looks just like it did the day I installed it. The feel takes a day or so to get used too, but the screen protection is top notch. I used Zagg on my Creative Zen Vision and opted for the full coverage. It is much more difficult to install and I did have issues with the smaller pieces wanting to peel back. Of course Zagg offered to replace the protector, but I decided that I would just go with the screen protection. If you are looking for a good protector, zagg is going to be a good choice and once it's on the unit, you won't have to worry about the screen any more.

BigRedGonzo

12. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    so should i go full protection or maximum?

13. nerofmx

nerofmx Newbie
    None

May 13, 2010
    I prefer Ghost Armor. A company located in Mesa, AZ. My store was almost an official re-seller and install location for them, but plans fell through. I still use them on all of my devices, and they work wonders. Same product, same concept, just a preference of companies.

14. SecretAgentMan

None

Aug 24, 2011
    I prefer Ghost Armor as well. Just put one on my D3 and it's phenomenal. BTW, you get 2 with your order.

Zagg isn't bad . . . they're just a bit more "rubbery" than I want on a phone. I've got a Zagg on my GPS because Ghost Armor doesn't make them for Garmins, and I'm happy with it.

The Ghost Armor is cut perfectly and you can hardly tell its on there!

15. xfighter1188

xfighter1188 Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    does anyone have a link for the ghost armor full body that has no shipping charge?

16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I just installed a zagg on my wife's Droid 3. It is slightly smaller than the screen, but I think this was done intentionally, so if you also install a case on it, it has a small area where the case can seat on the front of the phone without damaging the invisibleshield. My wife also has the case-mate case, and they work well together. I swear by zagg, their replacement policy is great. I had the full body on my omnia, but it got really linty after a while. So I just stick to the screen protection and get a case to protect the sides and backs and against drops for the rest of my phones.