• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have any stores sold out of Xooms?

..These are hot, and it wouldn't surprise me if the wifi are out before the iPad 2 -- big time sales then. 2m, 3m, 5M? Yahtzee.

Unfortunately I sincerely doubt all of this .. They don't appear to be hot from what I see in stores. NO ONE seems to notice much of them. IMO we are VERY unlikely to see the wifi version before the iPAD 2, and at these prices they will come nowhere near those sales #s ..

Upvote 0
They seem to be selling out the ones they get, I know Moto, first shipment has sent at least 800k. With rumors of a 2nd shipment happening. Numbers are going to be huge.

As far as the iPad2, they don't even have an announcement yet, I hear March 9th. If that's the case -- they won't be selling until April. I hear Xoom WIFI will be late March-Early April. So I bet there is a chance they come out first.

Upvote 0
Some places have been getting new shipments. So they've been selling well and I expect new shipments every few days. These are hot, and it wouldn't surprise me if the wifi are out before the iPad 2 -- big time sales then. 2m, 3m, 5M? Yahtzee.

Unfortunately I sincerely doubt all of this .. They don't appear to be hot from what I see in stores. NO ONE seems to notice much of them. IMO we are VERY unlikely to see the wifi version before the iPAD 2, and at these prices they will come nowhere near those sales #s ..

I agree, wifi only won't be for a while. Aren't some (like 20) people still waiting for the wifi only Galaxy tab?

I wouldn't be surprised to see VZW/Moto milk data plans for several months...

Upvote 0
I agree, wifi only won't be for a while. Aren't some (like 20) people still waiting for the wifi only Galaxy tab?

I wouldn't be surprised to see VZW/Moto milk data plans for several months...

I was going on the rumor, or maybe a website who posted Staples would start selling wifi Xooms in March-early April. So take it for what's it's worth.

But it seems like it'd benefit Moto to get them out before the iPad2.

Upvote 0
I was going on the rumor, or maybe a website who posted Staples would start selling wifi Xooms in March-early April. So take it for what's it's worth.

But it seems like it'd benefit Moto to get them out before the iPad2.

Yea I read a short article about that. It would be great but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'm sure Moto would love to jump out ahead of the iPad 2, but you gotta figure they worked out their deal with Verizon months and months ago to only have the 3G version of the Xoom on the market for however long. It certainly seems like the wireless carriers have more sway than the manufacturers these days, and you know if they had their way there would never be wifi only versions of these devices.

Upvote 0
I called my BB to ask about the T-Bolt release date. The manager said that the XOOMs were selling very well and that there was a line to get in this morning. I didn't think to ask how many they got in stock. It's a busy store in an affluent area, so I'd imagine if you were going to put your eggs somewhere, that store would be a good basket.

For what it's worth...

When was this??? I was there today and they told me the opposite.

Upvote 0
what makes you so sure of this?

latest leak shows that the iPad2 will be running on a dual core processor and be lighter and have higher quality display than the xoom...

only real negative i see with the iPad2 is the 1024x768 resolution

For a device this size that resolution is more than enough. I am currently very underwhelmed with the video/screen (not sure which).

Upvote 0
a bunch of costcos over the US have them avaliable today. Mine got them in last night and put them up for sale this morning.

Edit: I wonder if people are actually getting them, my costco had them in the back... they gave it to me to ring up and after they take my credit card they decide they can't sell it until sunday. Tease me more please. Guy on the phone even said I could come in now to pick it up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones