• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have anyone else gotten this problem?

kmthomas2009

Jul 15, 2010
Ok i bought the aria on the 30th and i was happy with the fone, that is until my friends were trying 2 send me pics and i weren't getting them....i get them from people on at&t but not on any other network..and i can send 2 them just fine..so i called at&t and they said it was my fone bcuz i put my sim card in an iphone and my pics were coming threw...so i went 2 the store and exchanged my aria for another and the same thing happened..still no recieving pic messages..so i was wondering have anyone else gotten this problem if so wat did u do 2 resolve it? i've been waiting for the captivate bcuz ima exchange it out and get it..but if i can get my aria 2 work then i wanna keep it

I had a friend on Verizon using a Samsung Alias II send me a picture and went through just fine... I'm not sure what the problem is for those who can't receive pictures outside of AT&T.

That's lucky for you. I have no problems with anyone besides sprint. Maybe its that certain phone, or the problem only occurs on some HTC Aria's.

My one friend who does have it will just have to upload to an FTP site using AndFTP.

Upvote 0
That's lucky for you. I have no problems with anyone besides sprint. Maybe its that certain phone, or the problem only occurs on some HTC Aria's.

My one friend who does have it will just have to upload to an FTP site using AndFTP.

It's not just the Aria, there are many causes for this, but we are unsure how to fix it. I run into this at the store on occasion. First things you want to make sure is that the person on the other network hasn't accidentally added you to their block list, in regards to texting, because some phones have that capability.

Second, you need to make sure that there isnt a data block on you line. This should be taken care of since you have a data plan but it has been known to happen even though you have a data plan the data block doesn't automatically fall off.

If there is no data block on your line, thats good, but there could be a data block feature in the family group features as well and that will also keep you from getting mms messages. This feature is usually added when someone on the family plan has decided to block all data to all phones at the same time for various reasons, but they often forget that they did that and blame us for it ;)

Try changing the SIM card as well... been known to fix issues like this as well.

Those are the things I have seen in the store, and have worked in the past... other then that, there have been a few cases where we cannot find a fix. Hopefully yours is not one of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones