1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

have data plan, can't seem to get data. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sparro, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sparro

sparro Member

Jun 3, 2010
    See below for phone specs.

Ok, I have sprint, i'm on a family plan, other family member with the android phone is having no problems, so I don't think its an account issue. I can still call people.

If I try to use any of the data services, my phone doesn't seem to be able to connect to the internet. If I fire up gmail, I only get messages from yesterday that had already come in, the internet says "web page not available (yes, I refreshed it), facebook gives me "host is unresolved. . ".

I did try to connect to a wifi yesterday, so I'm wondering if maybe the phone disabled the data so that it could use wifi, but then when I turned wifi off (I could "connect to the network", but network wouldn't allow me to use it to browse the web, etc). However, I have wifi turned off.

In "settings, it says "mobile network: connected". , and the "data roaming" option is checked (I'm not roaming anyway). Wifi is turned off, airplane mode is turned off.

Ok here's the phone specs:
    1.) Model Number ? Hero 200
    2.) Firmware Version ?2.1 - Update 1
    3.) Baseband Version ? 2.42.01.4.27
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29-bc0d2cff
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    5.) Build Number ? 2.27.651.5 CK169236 Release Keys

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
    PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? No!

Carrier ? Sprint

Country you are using your phone in ? USA

Service state: In service, Mobile Network Type: CDMA-EVDO rev. A Signal Strenght -82DBM.

Do any of yall have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. sparro

sparro Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Ok, a reboot resolved the issue. . . but still doesn't explain what the problem was.