• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have dual-core processors fully utlitized in android smart phone?

lannyboy

Lurker
Dec 21, 2011
I was thinking to get one android phone. I see a lot of different comments on single core and dual cores. It is really confusing with those articles.

I really like the Samsung Galaxy W price and the spec itself. Wondering it is worth for now, or I should go for dual-cores since ICS is going to be out so soon?

Thanks for replying me. I am in dilemma actually. While hearding new quad-cores are coming soon probably Q1 or Q2 of 2012. But then, I would waste money to invest a dual-cores smart phone. Well, I also read some articles saying that Android ICS OS won't actually supporting more than 2 cores. There are varies of comments to the single-core, dual-cores, quad-cores.

I hope I can get a good guideline :)

Upvote 0
Well, as of right now, android hasn't optimized the apps for dual core phones. Meaning the apps are not really using the dual core technology the way it should be used. They are still working on this and even though there are rumors about quad core phones, You have to remember that not all apps will run using the full function o this new technology. (At least in the beginning of release). It will take time for developers and android to optimize them to run on a quad core processor. (Not to mention the different manufactures and their overlays.) I say go with a dual core right now, and then after seeing the reviews of the quad-cores, you can upgrade later next year.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I think your comment is the best I heard. I would agree with you. Even the new quad-cores come out at Q1/Q2 next year, it doesn't mean the Android ICS OS will fully support to it. Just like we had Samsung Galaxy S2 at first Q1 of this year. Only after a year, Samsung only managed to release ICS for the Samsung dual-cores android phones.

But I only know little of ICS. What will be the most ICS advantage for dual-cores android phone?

Upvote 0
Your welcome. We're here to help each other out. As far as the battery, I say wait a month or two after you've customize the phone and got a feel for it. Then see if you need the spare battery. Battery drain is really different for everybody, since we all use our phones differently. Not to mention the amount of apps and widgets. (That's a whole nother thread.) Good luck.

Reactions: lannyboy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones