• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have Galaxy S, would I be happier going to something else?

I have Bells Galaxy S with the front faced camera. Iv noticed a bit of lag lately and its ticked me off. Iv dont the OCLF and still have a bit of lag. Another thing that bothers me is the lack of support that Samsung is giving.

Iv looked at the HTX Evo 4G and Desire HD, how does the Galaxy S Comnpare to these, is the galaxy still better then these phones?

Another question is could these phonjes be unlocked for my carrier in the great white north (Bell)

Thanks in advanced

:)

Have Galaxy S, would I be happier going to something else?
Hard to say. As is the case with most of these threads, you've omitted what you specifically want/need so it's difficult to provide meaningful suggestions.

You might want to start with troubleshooting your lag issue. If it's an app you're running then replacing the phone might not help or may only provide a slight improvement. I mean, for example, under the wrong conditions my Droid will crawl. Under the right conditions it will fly. Lagging doesn't necessarily mean that you need to replace the device outright.

Upvote 0
Check your apps before you look for a new phone I have the galaxy S Vibrant with Bell. I had a few crashes and some lag issues so I removed all the apps I installed when it started and it started acting like it did the day I got it.

So check your apps before you go back to Bell and try to get out of your contract.

Don't forget Samsung has said we will be getting our 2.2 update by the middle of Dec.

** Added **

You can unlock your phone there is a youtube video that shows you how. They use a Bell phone and unlock it to run it on Telus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g94eTJWW444

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones