1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

have gone way old school and have a question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by esthernrob, Sep 6, 2011.

1. esthernrob

esthernrob Android Enthusiast

was feeling nostalgic this weekend and went back to
    Koni's ELITE Series III
    and
    netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.3.1 Beta: 4.3.4
    ...so here's my dilemma, i have done the old trick of renaming marketupdater.apk but it still updates to the new market... i would like to keep the themed market that is in the rom... have they made it so the market will always update now or am i missing some new procedure...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i believe that is the way it should work. not sure why it does not. try using tb to backup the market with theme. then go to into settings/apps/manage apps and scroll down to the market and uninstall it. then use tb to reinstall the app. of course do all this after marktupdater.apk has been renamed. i would just add a ".bak" to the end of the file.

esthernrob likes this.
  3. esthernrob

well, so far so good, this is what i did... went in and renamed marketupdater.apk by adding a "p" to the extension... uninstalled update and it's back to themed... browsed the market, even rebooted and still themed market... when i renamed before i changed the file name... seems evident that the extension is what needs to be changed... not 100% but that's what worked for me... thank's ocn...

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Yep, change the name and then uninstall market updates. Dang, that IS old school! What made you go back? I haven't been on a Froyo rom in quite awhile.

5. esthernrob

thought i'd run koni's again for a bit 'cause i was missin' the speed... i have tried numerous gb roms and kernel combinations but haven't yet, and i emphasize yet, found one as fast and snappy as koni's... and the battery life, well, you know... :D

6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Kings unleashed, that was my Froyo ROM of choice. It was fast and with Netarchy, I could go over 30 hours no problem.

7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Love Koni's Elite. Maybe my favorite Froyo rom.

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

for me it was mikforyo. i guess i'm a mikhead. i love his roms. though koni would come in second and then kings unleashed third of the foryo roms that are my top favorites.

Xtremedays likes this.
  9. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I was a Calkulin froyo fan, fast and stable and excellent battery life net's sbc

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews