1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Have I been hacked?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Confused_III, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Confused_III

Confused_III Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    New to the forum and having a simliar issue...Received a text message from Microsoft titled 732873 with an security access code attached eventhough I haven't requested a password change. Then, my phone log has two return calls to the text message that I dont remember making. That same night, girlfriend gets ransom text message from an email account saying some pretty nasty and personal stuff. Researched a little and heard about the StageFright malware. Have run all of the anti virus apps I can find, but there is no trace. Does anyone think I've been hacked?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you have, why do you think it's your phone that's been hacked, as opposed to you computer or an online account? Or even your girlfriend's phone?

There are a few nasty coincidences there, but I don't feel confident in identifying the source.

3. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    No you haven't been hacked but they are trying to scam you. Don't fall for it. Just ignore it.

4. Confused_III

Confused_III Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Well, wish I could ignore. Girlfriend is reporting that she is getting my calls, I have apps mysteriously appearing on my phone, think that I hear my camera shutter at times, along with a number of other weird occcurences. Software is up to date, but stagefright detector says im still vulnerable. Downloading a host of malware apps, which all say that I'm ok, but research says that apps arent reliable. Does anyone know if most recent update can remove/destroy stagefright.

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    You might want to install Malwarebytes and run a FULL scan.

BustaLime likes this.
  6. Confused_III

Confused_III Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    I did...but is it able to detect stagefright virus? Heard that it is undetectable for nearly all malware apps..

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    That would be a question for them to answer. I believe so, but I can't say definitively.

8. Confused_III

Confused_III Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Does what Im saying even make sense? Is such a virus possible or is my girlfriend just screwing with me?

9. Adaley63

Adaley63 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2018
    Hi new here and i need some help. More than sure my phone is hacked.
    But i need someone who knows what their talking about to guide me to say right thing to Samsung. Here are some screenshots Picture1-leaving my moms house on fathers day . Listening to my playlist on the way there 5miles from my house which is Monteagle tn. Go to leave this is on my screen 2- this i just happen to run across in my photos 3- Im the only one that has owned this phone. Took it out of box ive been telling Google,Samsung. Verizon since last August that i was hacked. This is just a tiny bit of proof . There is about 5 people in my town this is happing too. I have done zillion factory resets (hard and soft) use 2-way thing on every app
    All this stared when i was on messenger talking with someone their chathead was on screen and out of nowhere another chat head poped up and their chat heads went together and became 1 phone went to asking for permissions and i couldnt keep up trying to turn them off so i turned phone off went to bed and when i woke next morning on my screen was
    SIMS CARD HAS BEEN REMOVED AND PLACED IN ANOTHER DEVISE.
    PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP

Attached Files: