• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Have I borked my phone?

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
Since Friday I've been screwing around with my phone a lot. Rooted and all sorts of crazy stuff.

Now, my Gmail is acting funny. When the phone starts up, or if I force a refresh of Gmail, I get an error about "com.google.process.gapps" not working and I have to force close it. It seems that Gmail isn't syncing properly and won't send email. Also, my Market won't download anything which may or may not be related.

I have cleared the data cache for both Gmail and Gmail storage then rebooted the phone, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions? Do I need to start thinking about just reflashing?

Menu > Settings > Location and Security > Clear Storage

This will wipe the phone to just updated condition. It won't restore any removed system apk's. If this doesn't work, re flash de03.

From my WinMo days when flashing custom roms was a almost daily occurrence, it was found that doing an additional hard rest (clear mem for android) after flashing cured a host of issues. I still do it as habit.

Good luck!

Reactions: flu13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones