• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have I bought an early turkey, or am i just a complete noob...i.e am trying to up 2.1 to 2.2

porphiron

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
right here goes....

Hi folks,

I recently bought a cheap pad from toys r us from the uk vendor elonex, the 10" 1000et based around the lnx code 11 chip.

to say this device is clunky, is a major understatement and the touch pad swipe is next to useless more offen than not selecting somthing rather than swiping past it!!

So i decided to contact Elonex with a hope to finding out when the upgrade to 2.2 will be available.....possibly 2011 was the reply... possibly???

I have just spent the day trying to flash the blighter to 2.2 with no joy.

I've installed the android sdk and once booted the device can be recognised by various drivers under adb android namely the htc desire / htc fastboot??

when the device is in in update mode i.e "start button" and power button together from boot the device can be seen as a "sec soc test board"??...

The device can be "seen" by the usb driver as, when using adb devices, from a console within sdk, a generic 123456789ABCDEF device, is found so the device should be availale for a little updating/hacking....

I've tried fastboot, but all i get is wating for device, along with trying to get dangerspl installed again no joy....

I have sucessfully created a gold card, but once created the site describing the process declined to give details has to how to use it to "root" the device....

Have also tried to to install amon_ra using adb but all i get back is that i need a recovery partition / software already installed before i can use it....

Can anyone shed any light on a complete noob....

any help would be realy realy appreciated!

porph

right here goes....

Hi folks,

I recently bought a cheap pad from toys r us from the uk vendor elonex, the 10" 1000et based around the lnx code 11 chip.

porph

The 1000ET is actually the standard Zenithink ZT-180 tablet you likely have seen folks discuss around here... we actually have a very large section for these tablets that are sold under multiple names over on Slatedroid;

ZT-180

You would likely have a lot more to discover about this model over there... but though 2.2 was supposedly going to be beta'd in Oct. it looks like it's been canceled, not to be reopened till at least 2.3, from most recent discussions... there are a few folks attempting to port 2.2 independently, but as the manufacturer won't release the source this is a slow task...

PS. slatedroid seems to be in the process of moving machines, hosting locations, as has had multiple outages the last couple weeks, so if at first you don't get in try again later :)

Reactions: porphiron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones