• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have I cocked up?

JayJayW

Oct 13, 2010
Just ordered my Desire on Three yesterday. Chose Three because they had the best contract deal i could find (thru Carephone Warehouse) and because I think they have a good signal at my place of work.

Just had a quick look to check the status of Three's Froyo update, and if this is correct it seems not only will my phone arrive with it already installed, it isn't getting it either.

:(

Thanks Mike. Looks like I should be OK.

mobiles.co.uk, which is owned by CPW clearly state that their phones are unbranded and unlocked, and nearly ordered from them, but they were cheapest on T-Mobile, whereas CPW were cheapest on Three, which is why I ordered from them.

I can't see anywhere on their website where they say they are unbranded but does look like it. :)

Upvote 0
Got my phone yesterday, and can confirm that it is unbranded. Also that it is running v2.2 as it has all the new features, but where do I actually find where it says what version of software it is running?

And speaking of 3 I have a H signal at home - off to work now hopefully the signal is as strong there too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones