• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have I completely broken it?

Kingleds

Lurker
Sep 24, 2021
So I have a Galaxy Tab E running a old version of the OS. I figured I'd try to upgrade to a later OS because it was pretty much useless.

So I don't know what I've done along the way, but I tried to follow this guys You Tube video and got myself into a right mess. I think I put the already unipped version of the OS on instead of the zipped one and everything looked different to his explanations after that. So I tried to back out and then it all went wrong.

Now. the tablet is stuck on the load screen. There's that little red exclamation mark in the top left corner. I can't get it to be recognised as a drive on my laptop to put the right version of the OS file on.

I can get to the install mode etc by pressing the power, home, volume down button. But I can't actually do anything once I'm there because I've nothing to install

I can get Odin to recognise it and it put the TWRP file on and is apparently successful but without being able to add the correct os on this is not that much of victory!

Is there anyway I can use Odin to load the OS on? I tried but I don't see the file as an option to add - guessing tis the wrong file type.

Or, do I just throw it in the bin?

go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and download the correct firmware for your device. keep in mind that firmware updates are very device specific so make sure your model number matches the correct firmware.

edit:instructions on how to flash will be provided. you will need Odin to flash the firmware update.

Upvote 0
Yes. I used the instructions on this video
The 1st time I had already unzipped the Dotos file so i had transferred the wrong file, then managed to somehow completely wipe the whole thing.

After I restored it back to V4.4 I went a watched the video again, wrote all the instructions down and managed to upgrade it to 7.1.2. Working fine now.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yes. I used the instructions on this video
The 1st time I had already unzipped the Dotos file so i had transferred the wrong file, then managed to somehow completely wipe the whole thing.

After I restored it back to V4.4 I went a watched the video again, wrote all the instructions down and managed to upgrade it to 7.1.2. Working fine now.
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for posting your solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones