1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Have I flashed too much? ctmod/187/factory issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DWILSON48625, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DWILSON48625

DWILSON48625 Android Enthusiast

So heres my deal. I have flashed back and forth between a few roms, looking for something that fits me.... Well, I think the flash gods nabbed me....

Flashed 187 honeybread... I think I read it all correctly but it thinks Im in Bejeng...

Cyanogen mod also tested out.

So i flashed back to ct mod 2.4... Worked well enough... So I updated to 3.68.. Can we say issues???
    Frequent power down on its own. When i boot back up, all home icons are gone. Move them, become missing on reboot. Just alotta wierd things, even if I wipe sd, clean dalvik, odin to factory, still have issues.

Im not bad mouthing the devs, plz kno that. I think i dorked up my phone by tinkering too much by flashing all the time.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If i buy a new phone, I dont wanna flash its life away too.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

I have prolly flashed my phone about 30 times in the last year.

I have had an occaisional issue but eventually back to normal.

My advice is to make sure your SD is good, then re-partition SD (CWM), then reinstall ROM. Seems to work every time I have serious issues.

3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

I have flashed this thing more times than Mark Roberts has flashed his thing and it's still running fine...

It has to be something you're doing

4. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

me too in the last month maybe a couple of times in the last 6 months maybe 600 times and all is good here.:D

5. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

I just found out some phones have flash counters. Not sure yet on how to reset it

6. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

Do you flash kernels too? In addition to kevincott's advice to make sure your sd is running fine, that's something I would suggest. If you do flash kernels, make sure to do so after flashing the ROM.

This is what I would do, if you don't want to go grab a new sd card:
    1- Backup any files you want to keep on your sd card to your computer.
    2- Using a micro sd to sd adapter, or micro sd to usb adapter, format your sd card via your computer (in my computer, right click the drive your sd card is using, click format).
    3- Double check the information for your ROMs or kernels. Maybe you are forgetting to create the proper partitions on your sd card.
    4- Place your ROM of choice (try stock just to test it), as well as a stock kernel, on your sd (of course).
    5- With your sd back in your Prevail, boot into CWM (assuming you use CWM), and flash your ROM, and immediately after, flash your kernel.
    6- Boot your phone, dink around for five minutes or so, reboot, and see if its running properly.

Also, I would suggest using a class 10 sd for any Android modding. With the Prevail, do not use a 32gb sd. That ended up being what prevented me from even booting my Prevail with a kernel and ROM when I first tried it out. I switched to a class 10 16gb sd, and won't ever go back.

7. DWILSON48625

DWILSON48625 Android Enthusiast

How do I determin sd class? Also, I'm getting checksum mismatch on cwm backups. Sd issue?

8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

The class will be printed on the card, with a small circle around it. If there isn't one, it's most likely a class 4

Did you rename your backup? If it has any spaces or / in it you will get that error

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews