• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have I killed it?

zbaintner

Lurker
May 11, 2014
HI

I had purchased a refurbished HTC Desire HD last year in July. I never messed up with the software or the registry or anything like that, just some downloads from google play store (Viber, some games, antivirus...)

Today I got stuck in boot loop. that thing restarted all over again, but never getting beyond the 'Rethink possible' screen (the one after HTC quietly brilliant). I took out the battery and tried to restart. Same again.

then I removed the battery and sim for about half an hour and replaced them. WHen I tried to reboot, I got no screen, just some 'shocks' (I think seven or so) but nothing else. this happened two, three times, now it is not doing anything at all.

I tried my luck with the volume button and power button. I got some shocks again, but then it was fully dead. I had replaced battery two three times and tried my luck again, but nothing. Have I killed my phone or is there still some hope?

(I have no inkling about software version, etc.)

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, zbaintner - thanks for joining! :)

I'm sorry to say that, as your phone is doing 7 vibes, that means that it is pretty much toast.

It would require a repair - flashing RUU's/ROM's will not work. You may be able to get it repaired by a high street phone repair shop... wouldn't like to say for sure though. You would definitely need to tell them about 7 vibes being the problem... they should be able to tell you there and then if they can repair it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones