1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Have i lost TouchWiz, Samsung apps?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BWRpota, Jan 7, 2012.

1. BWRpota

BWRpota Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    In trying to get to my battery in my SGSII, while replacing the Otterbox, I inadvertently rebooted the phone. The homescreen seemed different afterwards. No weather, for one. Then, I realize my widgets were gone. The background for Settings is black (an article said with TouchWiz, it should be white).
    I do not see, "Commonly Used Apps". While I can access a pull-down menu from the top of screen, I do seem to remember there being an arrow on the edge of the pull-down "shutter".
    This concerns me as I wanted to use a non-Google app., such as a Samsung app., for increased privacy for whatever I type and want to store. Of course, Samsung may want to "help" me by storing my documents somewhere, as well.
    I want to type some secure docs. Is the above methodology sound? Would a Samsung app. be best for increased privacy? Have I indeed lost TouchWiz, and any apps with it which I might have found useful in my quest for increased privacy? Hard to trust a company that seemed to be so forcible in attempting to scan and store all the books in the world.

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Is it possible you have another launcher installed (LauncherPro, GoLauncher etc)? If so, perhaps rebooting restored defaults and for whatever reason it reverted to a third party launcher (thus erasing all the apps on your homescreen and anything TouchWiz related).

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Here's your problem.

You don't like Google and you won't get over it.

You are mixing every problem up with your constant mantra about Google having your documents.

Sorry, I have already tried to explain to you that doesn't need to be that way. Few of us give our documents to Google. Most of us don't.

You have gone from installing a case to reading an article on TouchWiz to Google steals your documents.

If you want to learn about your phone people here will help you. You are already laboring under misconceptions not related to your phone.

If you want a sympathetic ear to an imaginary problem it's not going to happen.

If you want to get help on your launcher, post a thread on what you had before and what the problem is now.

And don't include your opinion about the Google corporation taking over the world. You already told everyone that you wouldn't have bought Android if you knew it was Google.

We get it. And we can't fix for you that you own a phone with a Google operating system.