1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Have I really settled down and found THE ONE?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by A.Nonymous, Feb 9, 2013.

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I am a self-confessed tablet whore. In the past two years I've gone through everything from the quasi tablets (Nook Color), wannabe tablets (HP Touchpad), and top end tablets (Transformer Prime) in various sizes and shapes from the 7" to the 10" variety. Now I realize I've had my current Developer's Edition Galaxy Tab 10.1 since 4/12. So coming up on a year I've actually stuck with the same device. Further more I find that I still love the dang thing and can't think of a single reason to change to something else other than just 'cuz. I have eyeballed the newer tablets like the Nexus 10 or the Galaxy Note 10 but truly can't come up with a single reason to upgrade. I have this horrible fear that my days of playing the tablet field may be over. Somehow I ended up grown up and committed to one device. How in the world did that happen? How did I fall off the wagon and go astray like this? Is there still hope for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

I am so glad you have settled on a reliable solution to your tablet hopping problem!
    I must admit that when I opened this thread, this was not the first post I was expecting, so I had to laugh just a bit.;):D

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Give it a few months, see if you feel the same about it then.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Nah. When you start encountering incompatibilities or needing higher end hardware for apps, you'd start looking for a new one.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

5. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

dude!!!

you got to leave her.. before she leaves you

6. A.Nonymous

I dunno. It's a weird relationship. On the one hand I know the dang thing is about 2 years old and that I can likely still sell it for a decent price because it's the one that has the Android logo all over it. I know the hardware is dated and I know the Nexus 10 is also made by Samsung so it likely is essentially an updated version of what I've got. Yet I can't bring myself to get even close to upgrading. I love the dang thing too much.

7. boyo1991

boyo1991 Android Enthusiast

with how fast technology grows... i see peligamy in your future! :p youll still have this galaxy tab, but youll upgrade. itll happen :)

however its been hard for me the last few months at least as far as a tablet goes... i used to have a few tablets.. but i found no use with em as i was just using either my phone or laptop... (mostly my phone haha)

8. A.Nonymous

Just looked it up. This Tab of mine is actually 2 years old. That is old in tech years and ancient in tablet years. Pretty much everything on the market today runs circles around it. I still can't bring myself to give it up though. :(

9. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast

I know how you feel. I've had my GT 10.1 since it was released in June 2011 (not a developer edition, though), and have almost no desire to upgrade at this point - it does everything I need it to do. Phones are another story, I've had to hold myself back from ordering the N4. I still don't know if I can wait for the next Nexus.

10. richardcastle

richardcastle Lurker

Lets see till how long you are settled with this one ;)