• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Have I ruined my OS? Can't uninstall borked K-9

l.a.rossmann

Jun 19, 2010
I use K9 for my mail.

I stopped because I got signature not verified errors on subfolders, and some quick googling showed that there was no official bugfix for this.

I began using HTC mail and stopped soon after because it does not notify you of new mail in subfolders and had no option to.

I decide to give K-9 another shot and now it's even funkier. It only sends 40% of the incoming mail I get to the notifications panel, it doesn't send mail at all, and it won't load messages from before June 9th even when I tell it to load the next 1000 messages.

I try to uninstall it and it won't let me. In the settings ---> applications ---> manage applications, it says "computing.." next to all the applications including facebook and "Computing" for their storage space/cache taken on all of them if you click them. When I hit K-9 then hit the uninstall button it doesn't do anything. The same occurs in the market, it will say uninstalling and go on forever.

This is becoming reminiscent of the blackberry storm. Say it aint so, Incredible. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones