• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have to exchange Droid...

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
so the volume button on the side is malfunctioning and i need to exchange it 2moro. what will i lose when i transfer to a new droid and put my sd card in the new one? they can transfer my contacts for me so i, not worried about them. but will my apps be ok and what about all my phone settings? any way to save them to the card also and have them work on the new one? thanks.
progress.gif
http://forum.androidcentral.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=13304

Get mybackup from the market. It will totally backup everything to the sd card. There is a free version of it I have used works awsome

Restores are not trouble free. When you restore the applications you have to "Allow from unknown Sources". Then none of the restored applications show up in the market, hence are not recognized for updates. If the dev could get around that (or maybe someone can tell me a different way to do it) it truly would be awesome..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones