1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Have to wait to verify Paypal 4 TitBu Pro Can I...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidJane, Feb 10, 2011.

1. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Can I root anyway just to get past it this anxiety Lol and leave it like that for a few days til PayPal sets up and/or I get the key for Titanium BuPro? Will the phone function normally? - (I won't be altering the phone any further until TitBu)...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Can anyone help me with this?

3. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Yes, you can root anyway, it won't make any difference as far as I know. I rooted my phone first thing, so you might as well get that out of the way as well.

AndroidJane likes this.
  4. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Thank u - I'll feel better getting it out of the way Lol I could get Setcpu right?

5. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

I bought Titanium Backup Pro in the Market, was real easy.

6. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Hi - You mean Titanium was easy to use or buying it was easy?

7. BlastGT1

Yes, you can use SetCPU with the phone rooted, as Titanium Backup is not required for anything other than backup/freeze/uninstall. It has nothing to do with having root.

Kgreendenver, I think Jane was saying she's waiting on her Paypal account to get verified, which means waiting for a couple of deposits of spare change to your bank account.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

The only real hurdle you'll face is that the free version will ask you to click OK for every app you restore, which is a pain if you have lots of apps. All the important core functionality is still there in the free version though :)

Jazziette likes this.
  9. BlastGT1

Correct. You can still backup and restore apps, you just can't freeze them.

AndroidJane likes this.
  10. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

Yeah true! And good luck on restoring them. :D

11. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Newbie

Yes Blast Exactly! It's been a while since I'd used Paypal and had to start from scratch.... something is telling me that I should wait for Titanium Pro then instead of the free version?

12. BlastGT1

I don't know if you have to uninstall the free version and then install the pro version, or if the pro version is just a downloaded patch that Titanium recognizes when it starts. Either way, I don't think it would affect anything, but if you're about to get the product, you might as well wait. Most of the system apps that can be removed are pretty small, to be honest, just about more trouble than it's worth for the tiny bit of space you'll gain.

AndroidJane likes this.
  13. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

Hey Blast...I can answer that. :)

You don't have to uninstall the free version of TiBu when you get Pro. It just replaces the free app with Pro and saves your settings until you want to change them.

Cheers hon!!!

14. BlastGT1

I figured someone would know. Thanks for the assist! :D

15. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

When you buy TB outside of the market, which I assume you are as that would explain using paypal, you get sent a .txt file to stick on your sdcard. Then when you launch the free market version of the app, it recognises that file and enables the pro features.

Obviously it's different if you're using the market's paid version, as I presume you did Jazz?

16. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

You're welcome! :)

17. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

Hey Xyro! When I buy through the market it always goes through Paypal. I guess that's just the way I set it up. LOL

I can't remember now. :p

18. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

You can pay via paypal in the market? I thought google checkout was your only option.

19. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

I think that's how I pay for it, Xyro! LOL It goes through Paypal and they charge it to my visa card. When I want to buy something I just click buit it and it's an automatic.

The only prob I've ever had was when I bought something from Google and my bank put a hold on it until they could speak to me.

Isn't that interesting?