1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Have updated to MM on Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by desert dogs, Apr 14, 2016.

1. desert dogs

desert dogs Member
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    I already updated to Marshmallow on Verizon but today I got an auto notice to update. I did a manual update. Is it possible that Verizon is unaware, or is there another update?

My Android version is 6.0.1 build MMB29K.N920VVRU2BPB2. I really don't want to keep getting those update notices. :(

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    Did you read it?
    It says WiFi fix and security updates.

3. Andy Marsh

Andy Marsh Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    I've never had any kind of issue with Verizon sending update notices. If they send one it usually is a valid one. I installed the update they sent out a day or two ago. No issues on my Note 5. But then again, I haven't seen near as many problems with my phone as I've read about other people having.
    Makes me believe it's all about Facebook! I haven't had near the problems since I got off it! Either on my phone or in my life!!!

KOLIO likes this.
  4. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 7, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta
    Did the install Thursday morning. Haven't noticed any changes or fixes. I do speedtest each morning and I have had two of my best scores,both download and upload, since the update. I'm assuming it did something in the background that helped. I guess it was worth the 30 minutes to update.

5. Lauren0125

Lauren0125 Member
    None

Jul 12, 2012
    The update is valid, and for me it's greatly improved my experience. Prior to the fix I had to turn off Bluetooth to get and keep a wifi connection. (PITA to remember to turn it back on for the car.) Now it's not a problem and it's much faster. For the record, I am not a FB user, so that was not a factor for me.

KOLIO likes this.
  6. Andy Marsh

Andy Marsh Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    I threw the Facebook thing in there because I'm a smartass. No other reason.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.