• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

have we achieved root yet

Just curious if there is a way to root the ZTE Score from MetroPCS.

I'm a little confused as I've been seeing people post about removing the annoying little Metro PCS Easy Wifi App, but I don't know how they are doing this without rooting the phone? When I go to manage the apps, it doesn't give me an uninstall option on that one, as well as a bunch of other crap Metro force feeds these things.

Another question.. Is the Score "M" the Metro PCS model? Is that what the M is for?

Upvote 0
Just curious if there is a way to root the ZTE Score from MetroPCS.

Not yet but my phone has been sent off to try and find root for it:)

I'm a little confused as I've been seeing people post about removing the annoying little Metro PCS Easy Wifi App, but I don't know how they are doing this without rooting the phone? When I go to manage the apps, it doesn't give me an uninstall option on that one, as well as a bunch of other crap Metro force feeds these things.

The easy wifi app and the other bloatware cannot be removed unless the phone IS rooted:(

Another question.. Is the Score "M" the Metro PCS model? Is that what the M is for?

Yes it is the Metro PCS version of the ZTE Score. The M:thinking: Metro maybe:D

Upvote 0
can someone tell me what happen like we have root and now it is gone?

It appears so. I'm buying a new phone tomorrow. A month with the MetroPCS boatware complete with pop-ups will drive anyone nuts. At least now I know to do my research on what phones can be rooted before I buy. I think I assumed that since they all run Android they could all be rooted relatively easily. Not so much! :mad:

Upvote 0
Its just a matter of time with this phone...patience is always worthwhile :D

I know buddy, I'm normally the most patient person in the world but I bought this phone for work and so far I haven't even been able to install a decent app to take care of my MS Office docs because of Metro's bloatware. They put so much crap on it that it only had 12mb free out of the 200mb that these things come with. I can't even move anything to the SD-Card because of the restrictions Metro uses.

Got any ideas on how to free up some space? That would give me a shot at waiting for the root. I >really< don't want to go buy another phone to be honest. If I could free up some space at least I could get the apps I need on here. Errr.. Or maybe is there a way to install an app directly to the SD-Card? Anything that I saw an 'Uninstall' button for in the Application Manager, I uninstalled and that really only gave me a few megs..

Upvote 0
uninstalling apps from /system wont save you any space. youll still be left with 200MB. what kills you is all the crap updates, google maps is like 13 MB's and has a new version every other week

Well I managed to free up 60mb so I'm happy for a few minutes. I've got what I need for work installed now...still amazes me that the Metro Clowns put that much crap on there. Don't they realize some people might want to install more than one or two apps?

Out of curiosity, how much memory do the other -- maybe more expensive phones have?

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, how much memory do the other -- maybe more expensive phones have?
Quite a bit more than the Score M:(
This gives you an idea- my LG Esteem
screenshot-1336228916435.png
That is with about 72 user installed apps:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones