• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Have we ever found a set of earbuds with inbuilt line control?

Shamrock13

Android Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2010
I'm asking exactly what I put in the header. Have we decided on the fact that this phone doesn't support headsets like the Apple earbuds with built in line control? Or is thee a special headset I must get for this particular feature to work?

I'm just wondering as my earbuds cord is ripping so the sound is cutting in and out. If there aren't any earbuds like that, what do you recommend in the 15-20$ field?

Thanks!

Now my question is.. do the other functions work?
I tried the ones from my Nexus and all of the buttons pause the player.
I keep reading conflicting stories about whether or not the X has the capability of doing the other functions.

I think the short answer is no. I've tried a few different headphones all with in-line mic and player controls and none of them worked except to play/pause. Granted they were basically all made for apple products, but given that that's about all there is out there right now, I don't see this being a function of the headphones but of the phone itself. I've heard the HTC phones with Sense can use all the buttons, but I'm not sure if that's something baked into the hardware, the kernel, or the ROM itself, in which case it could be ported.

This is actually one of the most frustrating things about the Droid X. I would really like options for my headphones instead of just the Verizon ones since I do care about audio quality.

See previous thread: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-accessories/129113-apple-ear-headphones-remote-mic.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones