1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support have wifi connection no internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsouth06, Jan 22, 2014.

1. rsouth06

rsouth06 Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    I have a good wifi signal on my samsung galaxy note 10.1 but no internet connection. i tried connecting to another wifi source and the same thing happens. the time is even.wrong on the tablet please help!!!! i.was going to do a factory reset but i dont want to lose my.pics.

Advertisement

2. tamxir

tamxir Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2014
    Male
    N/A
    Bendigo, Australia
    Hi rsouth06

Mine had some issues with this early on. I had internet access but no connectivity to my server PC. It turned out the tablet had assigned itself the same IP as the PC for some unknown reason, in my case 192.168.0.2 when the modem/Router address was 192.168.0.1 which is the one needed for internet access for me. It should have picked an unused IP on my network. Bug maybe.

Check if that's what's happrning to you. I just set the Tablet to a fixed IP and the gateway and DNS to the Modem/Router IP. Problem solved.Your network IP's may differ so work with those. If you don't know how to change these settings, just ask and someone will surely assist.

Make sure you haven't accidentally hit the wifi off, power saving or Airplane mode toggles in your notifications area drop down. I've done that by mistake a few times myself. I only recently got the Tablet so I can't think of anything else it might be until I get to know the device a little better.

I'm not sure about the Time issue. I just set my date and time manually.

Regards
    tamxir