• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you called Verizon today?

Very true! Just hope that I get the phone on the 11th. Of not there is something very wrong with Verizon and their commitment to those loyal enough to order it having not even personally reviewed it in store.

I think its insane how they handle all they're Android device launches...mainly starting with the Bionic....all the way to the present time...lol, so up in the air.

Upvote 0
Verizon CS just now told me the shipping date 11/10/11 with "2 Day Air" which puts that on Saturday. I ask her about Saturday delivery and she stated "oh Saturday well you should receive 2 business days so the phone should arrive Monday 11/14/11" I told her that is what i have been told by 4 or 5 other customer service reps as well. I preordered 10/27/11 and ask why do the people that made a commitment to Verizon early by preordering are having to wait 4 days after the release in the store. Before she could answer, i said please don't tell me it guarantees me a reserved phone because i could easily arrived before the store open and be first in line for the phone. I preordered thinking i would get it a day or 2 early not 4 days late. Keep in mind was i extremely friendly her the whole time during the call! She hung up on me without a response! I really don't feel warm and fuzzy about this. I also realize that most Verizon employees have no clue period so all we can do is be patient. I am still hopefully of a early deliver Thursday or a late day Friday fedex delivery. Anyway that is what i was told today.

Upvote 0
I have purchased several phones from Verizon.com and have always received the phone with free overnight shipping. I too spoke to a rep. yesterday who told me that it would ship out on Thursday and delivered on Friday.(Period). I know, I know, everyone has an opinion.....or a difference thereof. I would be very surprised if we didn't ALL get the phone on Friday!

Upvote 0
I have purchased several phones from Verizon.com and have always received the phone with free overnight shipping. I too spoke to a rep. yesterday who told me that it would ship out on Thursday and delivered on Friday.(Period). I know, I know, everyone has an opinion.....or a difference thereof. I would be very surprised if we didn't ALL of the phone on Friday!

I hope this is correct. I know my mother just ordered a $25 phone from Verizon and it came next day. So i'm hoping for the same here...

Upvote 0
For what it is worth, I just called VZW support and after several attempts she was initially unable to tell how the phone would ship. But patience was the key and she put me on hold and when she came back she said she was able to confirm the shipping method was overnight and that I would receive it by Friday.

It seems reasonable to expect VZW based on previous experiences with purchases, that they would make sure we got the phone by Friday. :cool:

My two cents ...

Upvote 0
It seems reasonable to expect VZW based on previous experiences with purchases, that they would make sure we got the phone by Friday. :cool:

My two cents ...

Well, FedEx does deliver on Veteran's Day according to their website....

I was giving Verizon until the end of today....maybe I'll wait. I see some signs that my Incredible 2 should be retired. And I am really scared to buy a Bionic from anyone...

Upvote 0
I have purchased several phones from Verizon.com and have always received the phone with free overnight shipping. I too spoke to a rep. yesterday who told me that it would ship out on Thursday and delivered on Friday.(Period). I know, I know, everyone has an opinion.....or a difference thereof. I would be very surprised if we didn't ALL get the phone on Friday!

Now I am told "estimated delivery by the 10th." As always, Verizon is a paragon of consistency. No shipping info was available on the agent's screen.

I am just stunned they are handling this so clumsily.

Upvote 0
Just to add to the comedy...

Here's how my conversation went today at Laguna Niguel Verizon Store:

Rep: Hi, can I help you today?
Me: Yeah, I preordered the RAzr, just stopping by to check it out again
Rep: ok, they are right over there.....
Me (about 15min later) I was wondering if you could tell me when my preordered phone would be shipped.
Rep: um, well..I think it's...(now looking at their sign) 11.11.11
Me: That's when I will have it or when it will be shipped?
Rep: Yes
Me: No, my question is when will it be shipped? My confirmation says 11.10 for shipping date.
Rep: oh, yeah, the 10th (manager walks up) She asks the manager the shipping date, manager says....(no joke) I'm not sure...you should get it pretty soon...

Me: Ok, thanks (leave the store)

Im a huge Verizon Wireless service coverage fan but their 'customer' service is a joke.

Reactions: broady
Upvote 0
Just to add to the comedy...

Here's how my conversation went today at Laguna Niguel Verizon Store:

Rep: Hi, can I help you today?
Me: Yeah, I preordered the RAzr, just stopping by to check it out again
Rep: ok, they are right over there.....
Me (about 15min later) I was wondering if you could tell me when my preordered phone would be shipped.
Rep: um, well..I think it's...(now looking at their sign) 11.11.11
Me: That's when I will have it or when it will be shipped?
Rep: Yes
Me: No, my question is when will it be shipped? My confirmation says 11.10 for shipping date.
Rep: oh, yeah, the 10th (manager walks up) She asks the manager the shipping date, manager says....(no joke) I'm not sure...you should get it pretty soon...

Me: Ok, thanks (leave the store)

Im a huge Verizon Wireless service coverage fan but their 'customer' service is a joke.

It's as of recently....honestly I don't know what happened? They used to have really good, informative reps!

Now most aren't playing with a full deck, and some even have the nerve to get nasty and pissy...lol

Upvote 0
It's as of recently....honestly I don't know what happened? They used to have really good, informative reps!

Now most aren't playing with a full deck, and some even have the nerve to get nasty and pissy...lol

Every time I speak to a Verizon rep, I know twice as much as they do about plans or phones. Verizon is the Only job where you can get paid to know less about your products than the general public.

Upvote 0
Do you guys know if VZW offers the instant rebate in the stores just like they do online?

If I'm not mistaken I believe that the "instant rebate" that they reference on the web site is an online thing. If your account is eligible for other discounts the in-store employees should be able to apply that when you order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones