• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

have you dropped the X?

I dropped mine 6+ feet onto asphalt. I have my phone in the Verizon two-piece case/holster and the Verizon screen protector. The phone was out of the holster at the time. The impact sounded terrible. To make matters worse, it fell down into a narrow gap of sorts that was too deep (3 to 4 feet) to be able to reach. I had a camera monopod with me, and used it to try to slide the phone up the walls of the gap. That didn't work, and I slid the phone around on the asphalt a lot in doing so. By now the phone was all dirty and looked pretty bad. The only way I was able to get the phone was to get some good, sticky duct tape and put a sticky-side-out ball on the end of the monopod. That grabbed it on the first try. After wiping all the dirt off the phone, one would never know what had happened. The phone continues to work perfectly.

Moral: Duct tape can solve ANY problem!

Upvote 0
Yeah, the phone is a tank. Dropped mine tonight, again. This time on the asphalt (note to self: leave phone in pocket when walking on asphalt). The leather snap on case scratched in a corner but the phone was virtually untouched. There are a few very, very fine little scratch dots that you kinda need a magnifying glass to see.

That settles it though. I'm getting the body glove and the otter box can't come out soon enough!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones