• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you had to replace or have your Desire repaired? Poll

Have you had to have your Desire replaced or repaired?

• Yes, replaced once.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Yes, replaced more than once.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Yes, repaired once.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, repaired more than once.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No, everything works fine and I have had my phone LESS than a month.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No, everything works fine and I have had my phone MORE than a month.

Votes: 51 71.8%

• Total voters

TheTrueSpin

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
It's no secret that I was kinda unlucky with my Desire and this resulted in me getting a refund. Having spent the last two weeks considering my options, I think I'm going to try the Desire again as, imo, its the best phone on the market.

However, I am wondering whether HTC has build quality issues as, compared with other support forums, I do seem to notice more issues on the Desire one.

Anyway, this is a poll to see how many of us have had to have their phone replaced or repaired.

Onto my 5th phone, latest currently in the HTC repair centre.

Hardware buttons faulty, screen not fitted correctly, Vibration disappears randomly are my last three faults.

It's really good to see that most people haven't been as unlucky though :)

Yikes, your 5th!!! In the phones I had I had the vibration disappearing issue, vibration failing and making clicking sounds, dead pixels + dust under the screen and a phone that kept resetting, despite factory reset.

I am still tempted to try again though... although where I live the moment you ask for a sim-free or PAYG phone in Carphone Warehouse, all their stock magically vanishes...

Upvote 0
@ Truespin - It seems we're in the minority though so that's at least promising :)

Probably a couple of my returns could fall into the area of being pretty picky, some people would have accepted them and not have returned theirs but I'm gonna be stuck with this phone for 2 years so I want it as near as possible to how it should be.

That I think is key, lots of people just don't test every part of their phone and are ok with annoying issues and others aren't, and I'm cool with that.

Wonky screens and faulty hardware buttons we're not something I could live with, however the missing / re-appearing vibration thing is something I would like them to fix, especially as it seems it's not a standard feature on everyone's handset. Having said that if it comes back the same I'll probably just accept it because I really love the phone.

Also my current one does have some tiny specs of dust but that's not an issue I'm overly concerned about.

Upvote 0
well im on my fourth now first 2 had problems with internal speaker sounded like they had blown when someone was talking to me the third sounded a little bit better but the build quality was terrible couldnt even get the battery cover to sit flush as all the internals were not fitted properly they were all the brown models finally got orange to change it to a black 1 and not a single fault (touch wood it stays like that ;) )

Upvote 0
Says alot when you see people on their 4th or 5th Desire, i don't mean it being a rubbish phone either. I've had mine for a month now and i've been lucky, no problems. Best phone i've ever had. can't stop playing with it. and i've even noticed a jump in decent battery too in the last week even though i'm using just as much.
Definitely go for it again mate :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones