• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you held one yet?

lgldrgdlr

Android Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2010
Burbs of Chicago
So, I'm guessing many people here have probably ordered sight-unseen, as I did. I was walking through the mall today, came across a VZW kiosk, looked around and said to the guy, "I'm guessing you don't have a display Incredible, right?" To which he replied, "Actually, we do. We just got it on Friday." He opened a cabinet, dug under some bags and papers, and there it was, in all it's glory. He says, "This thing is a beast". I played around with it for a couple minutes and he was right. It is quick in everything it does. It feels lighter than my Eris, and unlike some reviews I've read, doesn't feel "cheap". I just wanted to let those that have yet to handle one, go to a VZW store/kiosk and if you don't see it, ask if they have one you can play with. Now I really can't wait 'till Thursday. :D:D:D

I wandered into a Verizon store yesterday to try to find accessories for my new Incredible. The accessory purchase was successful (search me for the thread with pics) but while I was there the manager went and got a working Incredible for me to play with and test fit the case. It felt very nice in my hand. I quickly thumbed through a few menus and launched FB. VERY fast. The manager couldn't say enough good things about the phone. When I decided on the case, I started to take it off of the phone. The manager asked me if I wanted to "wear the case out" on the phone. I cracked a smile and said, "sure!" Then he remembered it was his phone. :)

I just got my shipping confirmation and should be holding my very own Incredible on Wednesday! :D

Upvote 0
Verizon stores must be getting one or two incredibles in to play with because my local verizon had one also and a real nice rep let my fiance and I play with it for awhile. She also said we can just text her on launch day and she'll hold one for us. Unfortunately it's my fiance that will be getting one and I'm stuck with the eris. =(

Upvote 0
Well, I was having a mild case of buyer's remorse, as this would be the first phone I had ever purchased without messing around with first, so I went to the main VZW store in the town where I was working... no luck and the rep claimed no stores in the area had one. Well, I happened to pass another store on the way home and thought what the hell. Went in and after playing ignorant for a second the rep smiled and went in the back to retrieve me the Incredible.

Wow. No more remorse, I cannot wait for this phone. I messed with it for about 15 minutes, while the rep informed me about the camera and internal memory, after which I informed him about everything else, lol. Blazing fast, as is the internet and every app I opened. Extremely thin. I loved it.

More importantly, he claims the phone comes with 8 GB internal memory AND an 8 GB MicroSD card. Now I have no way of knowing if he was simply misinformed, but I had him verify and repeat it, and yup, 8 GB MicroSD.

Upvote 0
I held one for the first time 2 hours ago at my local VZW store. Obviously not on display, I asked the first salesperson if they had one to check out and she went in back for a few minutes and brought one out. Store was closing but I had a good 5 minutes to check it out. It was everything as expected and more. Thin as I imagined, perfect weight distribution, and they aren't lying when they said it's faster than fast. The 5 or 6 different apps/programs I opened were instant.

GPS in Google Maps locked within 5 seconds too, which is a plus.

Upvote 0
Hmm... I haven't heard that about the 8gb microSD card yet. Last I heard it may come with the 2gb card like it says on vzw's website.

If the rep wasn't mistaken I got to thinking... VZW is trying very hard to get people to sign up for their smartphone data plans by making them more appealing... I personally was able to upgrade thanks to a special promotion in my market and three others for people still using feature phones. The area I am working in is pretty rural... small town and all and is probably not an area where people rush to get a new smartphone. Perhaps this is to entice them more.

Then again, the rep confirmed they will only have ten on release day and five were already reserved. So who knows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones