• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have you noticed, people don't read in detail, or pay attention to details?

SamsungVibrant

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
Just wondering, have you guys and gals noticed that people in life don't pay attention to details. Even here on androidforums, I'm surprised that so many people fail to pay attention to details in posts, then leave a stupid reply, even though the OP had originally mentioned it in their initial post.

For example if someone makes a new thread saying:
"Hey so I bought a vibrant, I knew the GPS was busted, but bought it anyway thinking a fix would be out by Sept, still no fix, what can I do?"

Some idiot replies:
Dude should have done your research, all Galaxy S phones have GPS problems.

Really? Didn't the OP just mention they knew the GPS was busted prior to purchasing it?

Here is another hypothetical example:
In a thread someone posts... " my phone keeps freezing, so I did a battery pull, also did a factory reset, still freezes."

someone replies "hey try a factory reset to see if that works."

WTF didn't the OP just mention they did a factory reset in their original post?

Are people just skimming or just don't know how to read. I see this lack of attention to detail all the time on these forums.

Anyone else notice this?

I do notice this. I also doubt that you pay attention to detail 100% of time.

You know what, besides making the occasional spelling mistake, I do pay attention to main points. I read scientific articles on a daily basis, that are often difficult to comprehend if you don't pay attention to detail. I also write a lot, and the subject matter requires extreme attention to detail, and is open to critique by the scientific community. So...although I am not perfect, I do tend to pay attention to important aspects.

Upvote 0
combination of ...

some dont read and pay attention tall all details... reading comprehension is not a strong skill with the general population. I think it needs to be pushed more in school.

some dont take criticism very well.. even if it is in general and take it personally.

the combination of the above two characteristics ... cause so many small situations to get way out of hand.

Upvote 0
Or how about when someone posts something like... " my phone keeps freezing, so I did a battery pull, also did a factory reset, still freezes."

And then someone replies "hey try a factory reset to see if that works."

Really, WTF! Didn't the OP just mention they did a factory reset in their original post?

jk. Just seeing if you're paying attention...
wink.gif

Upvote 0

? still wondering what ^^ that means, or how that helps the OP's problem.
Well OP i only skimmed through your post, and your right that does suck you are having problems with your GPS, and that there is still no fix. You should factory reset IMO.

Sorry, couldn't help it:D
Seriously I think it's a product of laziness, and while i do see it I don't feel it is a huge problem. Yes its annoying, there are plenty of those types no matter where you look. You know the types who see a thread about NOT reading the OP then replying and act like they didn't read the OP:rolleyes::rolleyes:.
I have to say that the amount of times i see these 'lazy' replies is FAR out weighted by replies that are concise, well-informed, and generally well thought out. Users that you can just tell well go above and beyond to help someone out. Of course you have to take the good with the bad... on the webernet and in life.......
Just my 2 pennies[/spoiler]

NightAngel out!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones