• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Have you rooted?

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
Well no its time to change the font on your phone :D

I used this app Type Fresh – Change Fonts on your Rooted Android Device | xda-developers

Just follow the instructions and install the other program it asks for and its takes around 20 seconds to change the font and you can use any font from any site like this one 1001 Fonts .com

Just download the windows TTF version, move it to the fonts folder that is put on the SD card by the above app and then open the app choose the font you want click "settings" "apply and the phone will ask you to reboot it and there you a new font on your phone :D

I know :D

this is how the forum looks on my phone now with the Android font installed.

forumtext.png

Upvote 0
Root access-- This will allow you the owner/user to delete Sony apps pre installed on phone. Will allow you to install your choice of Home apps, and delete default one. Will allow you to do complete back up of entire phone rom kill the rom and have it there to repair if you delete the wrong things. Root will give you the freedom to make the x10 your phone.

Upvote 0
Afyer phone is rooted, is it possible to add more home screens?

You don't have to root to have more screens, you can just use a different home launchers such as ADW (upto 7 screens) or Helix (5 screens). You can use an app like Home Switcher to choose which one then to set as default, on my phone it shows Home (SE own), Timescape and ADW. I actually use ADW with 5 screens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones