• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having a few glitches?

tmette

Dec 11, 2009
Illinois
Ok the past two weeks must have been hard for my Droid. Here is a list of what has all happened:

1. Randomly shut off, had to pull battery out to get it to turn back on.
2. Another night I was heading to Starbucks, so I checked my phone and it said I had a really low battery, even had the red LED blinking. I thought it was weird because it had nearly a full charge about 4 hours earlier, so I rebooted, and sure enough it had a good charge again.
3. Last night I texted one of my friends, and it didn't go through. This morning I was texting some more people, and none of them went through. At first I thought I was over my texting limits or something, but rebooted and I was able to send texts again.
4. Shortly after rebooting from the text messaging incident, I opened up the browser. The browser froze while trying to get the GPS location for Google's "Near Me Now" function, and so I hit the Home button. I then got distracted in a conversation, and when I looked back my screen was blank, thinking it had went to sleep, I hit the Sleep/Power button on top, and low and behold..the big M came up, it had turned itself off.

I got this phone in mid-December and I haven't had ANY problems with it so far. Should I think about getting a replacement? The only thing I can think to possibly be causing this is sometimes I use my phone for USB Debugging because I'm trying to learn how to make games, and well the current one I'm on (Sudoku from the Hello Android book) has a Force Close error. When I got home from lunch, I deleted that application that was put on my phone from debugging and rebooted. I'm hoping that solves my problems.

Anyone else have any input? Anything would be helpful.

I wouldn't be thinking about a replacement. I've had my phone is November and have experienced very few problems. But every problem I did have, and many I've read about on the forums, traced back to apps not working well together. The first place I would start looking was at the apps I installed prior to the commencement of these problems or look at the apps you were actually using prior to these problems. As an example, I had loaded the Launcher2.1 and loved it and it worked well. The came the announcement about Swype and I installed it and loved it too. But I started having Force Closes. It turned out that on my phone (and this wasn't true for other users, just me) I could not have these two programs active at the same time. I had to uncheck Swype in the Setting menu or I got Force Closes. I loved Swype so much that I eventually deleted Launcher2. I've since gone to the Bugless Beast rom and it comes preloaded with a version of Launcher2 that works great and Swype now works with my Droid. So, a little long winded, but look at your apps.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't be thinking about a replacement. I've had my phone is November and have experienced very few problems. But every problem I did have, and many I've read about on the forums, traced back to apps not working well together. The first place I would start looking was at the apps I installed prior to the commencement of these problems or look at the apps you were actually using prior to these problems. As an example, I had loaded the Launcher2.1 and loved it and it worked well. The came the announcement about Swype and I installed it and loved it too. But I started having Force Closes. It turned out that on my phone (and this wasn't true for other users, just me) I could not have these two programs active at the same time. I had to uncheck Swype in the Setting menu or I got Force Closes. I loved Swype so much that I eventually deleted Launcher2. I've since gone to the Bugless Beast rom and it comes preloaded with a version of Launcher2 that works great and Swype now works with my Droid. So, a little long winded, but look at your apps.

Agreed. Every issue I've had with this thing so far has been traced back to an app conflict (or a corrupted media file - i.e.: a knackered movie file). These forums are TREMENDOUSLY helpful with troubleshooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones